My New (To Me) Truck

TerribleTim68

So I made a little upgrade over the weekend. Traded off my 2003 Ram 2500 for this 2009 Ram 3500 dually -

IMG_1393.jpg

Pretty clean truck, has a few issues, but it's a 14 year old used vehicle. 6.7 Cummins diesel, 4x4, 6-speed manual. It currently has a gooseneck in the bed, I'll be looking to get some 5th wheel rails mounted in it so I can go back to my 5th wheel.
I'm still getting used to it, only had it for 2 days now. It has an on-board factory exhaust brake, not real sure exactly how to use that so I'll need to do some research. I'm familiar with Jacobs Brakes from my Pops being a career truck driver, but I've never actually used one. So I'll need to learn the ins and outs of that.
Anyways, just sharing my new ride. I'm pretty excited about it.

Dahillbilly

some hitches out there go right over the gooseball. Just ordered the Crosswing by Lippert two weeks ago waiting for delivery. Luv the engine brake on my Silverado when towing.

TerribleTim68

Still learning about this truck. It appears someone upgraded to a one-piece rear driveshaft -
20230306_193652_HDR.jpg
So that's cool. :cool:

TerribleTim68

Since I can't figure out how to insert an image into my siggy (I keep getting the "can't insert from that link" error), I'll post a shot of it here -
20230526_185909_HDR.jpg
So there she is FINALLY hooked up to the Cyclone. I'm fairly happy with how this first run went. Everything sits about like I want it to, pretty level, I'm not really seeing a need for any adjustments. I think we're good to go here. :cool: