My Silly Fix for Popping Hyd Jacks

rxbristol

I've added two quarts of special hydraulic oil that Lippert recommended to prevent the popping from the six-point leveling jacks, but they continued to pop, loudly. I noticed the striction popping only happened to the front jacks...maybe because of the weight I thought. So, I added scissor jacks to the front end for additional support, but not take the total weight off the hydraulic jacks...95% of the popping has stopped. It seems silly that I have both supports, but it's sooooo nice not the hear what sounds like jacks breaking apart.

2014-12-06 12.51.56.jpg

B

BouseBill

We're using the king pin stabilizer, it also seems to help quite a bit. We had popping even after adding a quart of the "anti-stiction" fluid. will add another quart the next time we hit town to purchase it.

rxbristol

We're using the king pin stabilizer, it also seems to help quite a bit. We had popping even after adding a quart of the "anti-stiction" fluid. will add another quart the next time we hit town to purchase it.

I thought about a king pin stabilizer, but I plan on putting on a TrailAir and I read someone else that all a stabilizer did was compress the shock.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have put in 2 also but still have the popping. After calling Lippert they were no help and said that is just what they do.

rxbristol

We have put in 2 also but still have the popping. After calling Lippert they were no help and said that is just what they do.

I had to tweak mine a couple of times. If I still got popping I would crank it up a little more, but there is still weight on the hydraulic jacks.

jdamude

We had the same problem. Contacted Lippart and they recommended putting the oil additive in. We still had the same problem. I sent Lippart a picture of the oil reservoir and they responded by saying there wasn't enough oil in it and system was getting air in it because of the cavitation. They said to retract all the jacks and then fill the reservoir to the bottom of the fill hole. After doing this they said to run the jacks up and down several times from fully retracted to full extension. Once the jacks rech the retracted or extended lengthy, hold the button for a couple of seconds to load the relief valve. After we did this our issues were over. We haven't had any popping or creaking since. Most of the reservoirs are coming out of the plant with not enough oil in them.

rxbristol

We had the same problem. Contacted Lippart and they recommended putting the oil additive in. We still had the same problem. I sent Lippart a picture of the oil reservoir and they responded by saying there wasn't enough oil in it and system was getting air in it because of the cavitation. They said to retract all the jacks and then fill the reservoir to the bottom of the fill hole. After doing this they said to run the jacks up and down several times from fully retracted to full extension. Once the jacks rech the retracted or extended lengthy, hold the button for a couple of seconds to load the relief valve. After we did this our issues were over. We haven't had any popping or creaking since. Most of the reservoirs are coming out of the plant with not enough oil in them.

Thank you for this information. Next time I have everything retracted I will check the level. I seem to remember that it seemed full, but not up to the bottom of the fill hole.

azbigfoot

I put in a quart of CAT hydraulic additive as recommended by Lippert. Lowered and raised the jacks several times. Still had popping but not as much. Have moved twice since then and the popping has stopped. Part of it may be Lippert's maintenance recommendation. Per their manual if you are parked for an extended time you should treat the exposed jack legs with a silicone spray (every 7 days or every 3 in areas with salt water). I had been neglecting to spray the jacks but did it before I left on our second move. So far so good. Will check the reservoir level too.

jdamude

Give Lippert a call prior to filling. I too thought it was too much oil. Follow there instructions, but make sure all slides and jacks are retracted to ensure all the oil is back in the reservoir.

B

BouseBill

been wiping down the jack legs religiously every week, can't see where that helps the popping any at all. LCI just does not want to face the fact they have a problem on their hands, too much oil, not enough oil, oh by the way add this additive, that'll help sure, I believe that. A solution to the problem that the consumer is not required to pay for would be nice!!