My travels and sightings of Heartland Units

On our way to pick up our new Big Horn 3055RL in Muskegon, MI we saw a Big Horn going west on I-80 near Grand Island, Neb. Anyone in "forum land" Wonderful Wyoming

jimtoo

Well,,,, we hit the town, Reno, and lost it all like your supposed to do.

During our travels around town and then all the way up to Yellowstone we did not see another Heartland unit. Where are all you owners, parked at home? Get out and enjoy our beautiful country.

We are leaving Yellowstone today and heading South down through the Tetons and then on to parts unknown.

More later.

Jim and Bette

busted2341

We spent the last wek in Branson, MO. On the way to and from Texas we did not see another Heartland anything. My rig did look good in the park tho....and it pulled great...

JIMnMICK

Fulltimming Workampers
We are still at little river village campground in townsend tnn.working will be here till mid november having a great time....in ths smokeys.:)

jbeletti

Hi Jimmy and Mickey,

In 2004 we stayed in Townsend in our TrailManor. At first, I thought it was at Little River CG where you are but I just checked and we stayed at Tremont Hills.

We'll be near the Smokies area on Sunday but no plans to be near Townsend. If plans change, we'll swing by to say hi.

We're staying at the Newport, TN KOA from 7/2 - 7/6.

Have a great Tenneesee summer and fall.

Jim

jimtoo

We made it from West Yellowstone, Mt. to Rawlins, Wy. today. There was about 14 miles of construction on hwy 26 and it took almost 2 hours waiting on a lead car and driving on little or no pavement and dirt. :(

We did not see another Heartland unit all the way through Yellowstone and our travels today.

More later.
Jim and Bette

busted2341

Cheryl,
We stayed at the Musicland Kampground. Great place everyone is very helpfull and nice. just off the stip and quiet. We looked at ABC but it is WAY OFF the strip and full....you can bring up Musicland on the Internet, was a real neat place, even the kids liked it.....

Cheryl

I made reservations at the Branson Stagecoach RV Park. I read all the reviews on http://rvparkreviews.com and then looking at their websites. Both parks got good reviews, but reading the remarks made me decided on the Stagecoach.

busted2341

We drove past it but never went in. Let us know how the park is so my next trip would be a stay there.......Have fun....

Cheryl

Thanks! We don't take the computer with us on vacation, so I'll try to remember when we get back. We are going to a family reunion in KY, then to Branson, then 2 different parts of the Ozarks, Myrtle Beach, then finishing up in Amish Country, Lancaster, PA.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Guess who we saw??

Well, Linda the kids and I have made it here at the Thousand Trails in St. Clair Michigan. As we were pulling through the park we passed by Stacey and Gail Frank, Owners of WeighIt:) . They were at the Heartland Rally. We have yet to talk with them but plan to sometime this weekend. Other than that we have not seen any Heartland products on the road. And of course we are looking for any of you.

As for the roads, well I-75 and I-94 in Michigan are terrible. I can't believe how many potholes and just poor maintainance issues. I guess it is a great trial for the trailer to see just how much road abuse a unit can take and how many doors and drawers are open when you get to your destination.

Anyway, things have been good so far. Hope all is well for the rest of you.

Mark

Tom of Ypsi

Mark, Wish I had some free time this weekend I would come to visit you. We are a little over an hour southwest of where you are, we are next to Ann Arbor. You are so right about Mi roads, I think they rated at number 48 out of the 50 states for having the worse roads. Living here it is hard for me to believe that there are two states with worse roads. :eek: Have fun and be safe.

Cheryl

busted2341,
What were some of the "can't miss" places in Branson? Having never been there, I'm open to suggestions. Although, we aren't really big on seeing concerts.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Hi gang,

We're in North Bend, OH on our way to Newport, TN.

DSC00562.jpg

If anyone needs an overnight site near Cincinnati, OH - consider Indian Springs Campground. Nice full-hookup pull-through sites for $26/night. And no trains! Okay, the expressway is nearby but I never heard any traffic noise.

Check out our travels on this trip:

Jim

busted2341

Cheryl,

We had ur kids so we went to several (5) different shows including Magic and comedy....Just look around and there is something for everyone. Kids rreally liked the Spirit of the Dance (Irish Dancing) and the majic shows....Have fun..

bajaron

Bajaron
campgrounds

Jim
(quote)
If anyone needs an overnight site near Cincinnati, OH - consider Indian Springs Campground. Nice full-hookup pull-through sites for $26/night. And no trains! Okay, the expressway is nearby but I never heard any traffic noise.

I think that TRAINS and highways are a KOA and most camp grounds
requirement. :D

DennisZ

I guess it's time to try out the new 3055RL, so the DW and I are headed to Santa Paula, CA to Far West Resorts for our maiden voyage. I'll post a report on the park when we get back, I just hope it's cooler there than here at home.