Myrtle Beach - Ocean Lakes

mlburst1

Sundance-MyrtleBeach080310 (5) (1204 x 903).jpg

We've been enjoying the RV, beach, campground, weather, restaurants and shows in Myrtle Beach, SC at Ocean Lakes Family Campground for the last couple of weeks.

We've met several other Heartland owners and told them about the forum and club - hopefully recruited a few.

We're heading home Sunday (kicking and screaming....)

MyrtleBeach080910 (2).jpg

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Glad you are having a good time at Ocean Lakes. Unfortunately we have had a very bad experience there and probably wont return. After watching a child (about 7 years old) get hit by a one of the rental golf cart and the security personal just laughed about it, it's not a place I want to return to. Think of the huge lawsuit that could have happened, if not one did accorded from the incident.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Mike and Joanna,
Sure wish we were there with you. We had two wonderful weeks there in July. Renee and I would go back today if we could. We have been going to OL for 20 plus years. Love it and love the good times we have had and have every time we go. Be careful coming home and if you go by site 4058 tell it that Terry and Renee miss it very much but we will be back. Have fun. Oh, if you go over to the sandwich shop get a strawberry sunday with wet nuts and eat it for me.LOL Thanks

mlburst1

Terry,

We've been coming down to Myrtle Beach for the last 30+ summers - usually for 3-4 weeks - slowly working our way down the South end - started at Pirateland for ten years (moved on when they lost our month's reservation, had no sites available when we arrived and could have cared less - Lakewood graciously made room for us), then Lakewood for fifteen years and the last five years at Ocean Lakes.

Had two scoops of butter pecan at the sandwich shop tonight!

The weather has been awesome - only been raining at night.

Maybe we'll meet you all next summer.

Mike

trdeal

We are always there the week of the fourth and sometimes the week after. So maybe we will see you at the sandwich shop. What section do you normally stay in? Funny story. We got caught on the beach in a rain storm. Thought we could ride it out underneath one of those easy up tents. Well finally decided to make a run for it. When we got out to the street,the water was over our ankles.It was high tide and the run off had nowhere to go fast. Funny now.Question, how far is your home from Mt. Airy,NC? We are having a combined NC/SC rally October 1-3 at Mayberry campground and we still have a few spot available. We would love to see you there. If you are interested in going let me know and I will get you some info. Have fun at the beach!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Terry,

Ankle deep? I think I still have seaweed tangled around my knees! You need a bigger ruler my friend! But, of all the things to remember about that week, I have a tremendous recall of the fun we had laughing, while trying to get to the submarine cart during that downpour!!!! Love you guys!

mlburst1

Terry,

We usually stay in the 3000 section - DW likes to have a cement pad site.

We won't be able to attend your rally this year but, if all goes as planned, we're both retiring in December and will become half timers until the real estate market improves enough to sell our house - full timers then.

Should be able to attend lots of rallys next year - really looking forward to meeting lots more great folks.

Mike

trdeal

Terry,

Ankle deep? I think I still have seaweed tangled around my knees! You need a bigger ruler my friend! But, of all the things to remember about that week, I have a tremendous recall of the fun we had laughing, while trying to get to the submarine cart during that downpour!!!! Love you guys!
Hey Deb., ankle deep on me. I am a little taller than you guys.LOL That was alot of fun. That is what camping with friends is about. Making the memories. You and John take care of yourselves.

trdeal

Terry,

We usually stay in the 3000 section - DW likes to have a cement pad site.

We won't be able to attend your rally this year but, if all goes as planned, we're both retiring in December and will become half timers until the real estate market improves enough to sell our house - full timers then.

Should be able to attend lots of rallys next year - really looking forward to meeting lots more great folks.

Mike
We started out in the 4000 section when the kids were small because there wasn't as much traffic back there and the kids could ride their bikes. Now they are grown and married and they still go with us and we still stay in the 4000 section. I think we are going to try and get a concrete site for 2012. Hope to see you guys at a rally somewhere along the way. Have fun and be careful going home.