Myrtle Beach Ocean Lakes

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Love Ocean Lakes, but we avoid it like the plague in the summer (just way too gig and busy). We usually go in the fall or over the Christmas break period. We like Myrtle more for the "stuff" to do rather than the surf.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
m455sx, Yep,we have been there the week of the 4th of July for years now. Planning to be there again this year. We get the week of the 4th off at work so that is when we go.It is crowded but we still love it. Are you going to be there?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Was there a couple of years ago in July and would not go back. The cg did not have control of the hundreds of golf carts and cars being driven by teens ran amuck. Saw one cart run over a young boy who was walking along the side of the road coming back from the pool - scary. Thank goodness the boy wasn't hurt but it shouldn't have happen.

m455sx

m455sx, Yep,we have been there the week of the 4th of July for years now. Planning to be there again this year. We get the week of the 4th off at work so that is when we go.It is crowded but we still love it. Are you going to be there?

:cool:This will be the first time going there camping. This was the only campground that would allow me to bring my own golfcart. I am going to be there Friday July 13th- Saturday July 21st.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
:cool:This will be the first time going there camping. This was the only campground that would allow me to bring my own golfcart. I am going to be there Friday July 13th- Saturday July 21st.

if you don't have to be on the ocean but want the MB experience and your golf cart try http://willowtreervr.com/

I know there are those that love OL, but living less than two hours from there and having easy access to all the MB rv parks I have to say I also fall in the same category as NABO. That place is so busy it is scary.

If you want the ocean and less traffic try Myrtle beach travel park or Huntington Beach State park or Myrtle Beach state park. I do not know what their policy is on golf carts though.

Sorry Terry. :angel:

trdeal

if you don't have to be on the ocean but want the MB experience and your golf cart try http://willowtreervr.com/

I know there are those that love OL, but living less than two hours from there and having easy access to all the MB rv parks I have to say I also fall in the same category as NABO. That place is so busy it is scary.

If you want the ocean and less traffic try Myrtle beach travel park or Huntington Beach State park or Myrtle Beach state park. I do not know what their policy is on golf carts though.

Sorry Terry. :angel:
Hey Thats ok LB. We watched our kids grow up having a blast at Ocean Lakes the week of the fourth of July. Got lots of good memories there.We also have a group of friends that we camp with every year and we have watched their kids grow up there as well.We expect the crowds and have learned to deal with them. Like I said eariler, I work building furniture and in the furniture industry the only vacation time you get is what they give you. The week of the fourth is one of those weeks they give us off.

trdeal

I wanted to State that this is the best campground that i have visited!
I am glad that you enjoyed the campground and your time there with your family. We had a blast while we were there. It was also great to meet you. Take care of yourself and go camping!