N Scale Model Railroad Build

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
I havn't forgotten about this. Getting the itch to get back on it very soon. I did manage to bust open the wallet and pick up some more rolling stock. I used to always buy way more locomotives than I had rolling stock but I'm trying to change that. Do't know if I'll be able to contain myself. A few Kato GEVO or Dash 9's would sure look good in front of my 30 unit intermodal consist. LOL, I need a bigger layout. I don't think this ones big enough for a 30 unit train.

I bought a few more sets of the Walthers 5 unit Thrall double stack cars, a few containers, BLMA trucks, Gold Medal Models detail parts and Microtrains body mount couplers for them. I botched 2 sets I was working on trying to get the ride height even and lower so they are going to the scrapper. I'm going to try a different approach with the next 4 sets by using the BLMA trucks that have a lower bolster pin height than the micro-trains trucks. Getting the cars leveled out was the easy part, lowering them didn't work too well.

I also managed to get my hands on a couple of the new BLMA 5 unit spine cars that just came out. Will get some MLE N-03 collapsable hitch kits for them when they become available soon. Man those spine car sets were selling out as soon as they hit the shelf. They sold out at M.B. Klein and N Scale Supply before I could even push the buy button and manage to get a couple from Top Hobby Trains at a good price. I actually watched N Scale Supply jack the price up by $6 a set from $71 to $77 within minutes as they were selling out of them. I had been waiting on these cars to come out and it seemed like it was going to be vaporware but they did finally hit the shelves, I noticed them available on a few websites saturday morning and a few hours later almost every one that had them was showing them as sold out.

ChopperBill

I gotta choo choo! Neigbor had a garage sale and I went over. Bought this N scale stuff for $10. Its appears to be all Bachman. Good starter stuff for a guy that doesnt no poop about railroading. He had 3 boxes full of HO stuff for $75 and didnt sell it. Bet ya I could make a fortune on eBay with it. Might have to go over and give him a low ball offer. 397963031.jpg

pmmjarrett

Cool Bill. $10 is cheap entertainment and a huge return on investment if you have kids around. Looks like you have 2 of the Bachmann starter sets or a big portion of both sets, these sets retail over $100 each these days. Nice score for $10, you'll spend more than that on a sheet of foam at Lowes to build a layout on or a subscription to model railroader. My first N scale set was the Explorer set, still have a few remnants of it around here.

pmmjarrett

Where can I get the wire with the connector for this track. The guy cut the connector off my transformer wire. View attachment 15615

Sorry Bill, probably late but I havn't been paying any attention to forums lately.

You could call Bachmann and enquire about the wire. They used to be pretty good with parts and service, but it's been years since I've dealt with them.

That section of track is only $6.50 MSRP if you have to buy the whole section. Cheapest route would be to solder each wire to a rail joiner. My experience with the bachmann sectional track as well as the atlass sectional track is that I have had a lot of connectivity problems at the rail joiners so once you set up a layout you like it's best to solder all the track at the rail joiners.