Nabo's Adventure to Alaska 2017

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: Anyone for Alaska in 2017???

Fantastic Paul/Sheila. Let's talk more about it at the TN rally. Judy and Jerry Winkle is sending me their itinerary from 2011 and Nancy and Lyle will who has already going will also be at the TN rally to give us ideas/knowledge.

Nabo

travelin2 (Lyle & Nancy) and jjwink (Judy & Jerry) gave some good info at the TN rally last weekend about do's/don't of Alaska. Thanks for sharing.

Marty and I, have made that trip more times than one should count. We will be happy to share what we can on the Alaska the Last Frontier, North to Alaska or (fondly) the Al - Can Highway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Sarge

travelin2 (Lyle & Nancy) and jjwink (Judy & Jerry) gave some good info at the TN rally last weekend about do's/don't of Alaska. Thanks for sharing.

How much beer does it cost to peek at those notes...?

Sarge

Nabo

Sorry Sarge but I didn't take many notes. They discussed campgrounds and what to expected or not to expect, power and amps, most of the roads conditions, grocery shopping (surprisingly Walmarts), gas or diesel stations and how far between. Also suggestions on books like Milepost and Camping in Alaska.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Sarge
I can send you the notes and worksheet with fuel stops and overnight sites we used with a short narrative
I've sent it to others
PM me your email and the next time I have the laptop booted up I'll send it
Lyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Well - 5 more days until we pull out of TN to head north. Still packing the Silver Bullet but have to run to the dealership because the anderson valve to fill the fresh water tank is stuck - RRRRR. Glad we found it yesterday instead of on the road somewhere. Will post progress as we travel.

GETnBYE

Well - 5 more days until we pull out of TN to head north. Still packing the Silver Bullet but have to run to the dealership because the anderson valve to fill the fresh water tank is stuck - RRRRR. Glad we found it yesterday instead of on the road somewhere. Will post progress as we travel.
Bon voyage, can't wait for the pictures! Have fun.

dlw930

Anyone for Alaska in 2017???

What's your route going up? We're currently at Chatfield State Park in Littleton CO visiting family. We leave here Friday, weather permitting (forecast is for 5-8" snow Thursday night in the front range) and head for OR & WA with a June 12 expected crossing into BC at Sumas. I also got good advice from Lyle at the LA rally.

travelin2

What's your route going up? We're currently at Chatfield State Park in Littleton CO visiting family. We leave here Friday, weather permitting (forecast is for 5-8" snow Thursday night in the front range) and head for OR & WA with a June 12 expected crossing into BC at Sumas. I also got good advice from Lyle at the LA rally.

Y'all oughta try to hook up at Prince George BC. From there north to AK it gets pretty lonely on the roads...just saying if it's company you seek

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

You are just west down the road (C-470) from where I work . . .

dlw930

Hmmm Do you have a snow shovel I can borrow?? Seriously, how far from the Wadsworth Exit?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Hmmm Do you have a snow shovel I can borrow?? Seriously, how far from the Wadsworth Exit?

We have plenty of snow shovels in our garage at home . . .

I work at roughly I-25 & C-470 (right across County Line Rd. from the Ikea store.

I have to teach a Canon DSLR class tonight at 6:30 p.m. if you are interested.

Chippendale

It's the middle of May and you need a snow shovel in Colorado and you are heading to Alaska, no telling what you will run into there. You had better get John to sell you one of his, or better yet get one of those gasoline powered snow blowers to take with you. Hope you and Donna have a great trip, post lots of pictures, it may be the only way this old Geezer gets to see it.

travelin2

It's the middle of May and you need a snow shovel in Colorado and you are heading to Alaska, no telling what you will run into there. You had better get John to sell you one of his, or better yet get one of those gasoline powered snow blowers to take with you. Hope you and Donna have a great trip, post lots of pictures, it may be the only way this old Geezer gets to see it.

George,
Want a picture?? Nancy and I landed on a glacier in Denali, Denali in the background. Maybe Dave will too????
d5dc4c628ebed82d6a67f2edbf904997.jpg

Chippendale

George,
Want a picture?? Nancy and I landed on a glacier in Denali, Denali in the background. Maybe Dave will too????
d5dc4c628ebed82d6a67f2edbf904997.jpg

Thanks Lyle, my first picture, that is almost breath taking, you don't see anything like that in Central Texas. Guess I will have to print all the pictures that are posted and put them in a binder, and that will serve as my trip to Alaska.

Toccoatravelers

We will miss you in Goshen but have a safe and wonderful journey to Alaska. We'll want to hear all about it and see pictures in Marathon. Bon voyage! That is one of our dreams as well.

Nabo

We are taking over a week heading up I-75 with several stops before entering Canada at Sault Ste Marie. From there we are taking over 10 days to get to Calgary before heading into Banff and the Canadian Rockies up to Grande Prairie. From there it's the usual route into Alaska. Right now our plans are not to enter the states in Washington until August 3rd.