Nashville Area - or storage

ILH

My family and I are planning a trip through the Nashville area this summer. We will be camping along the way - but when in Nashville we have two options:

1. camping at an RV resort (recommendations please!)
2. storing the RV nearby and staying at a timeshare while in Nashville - (thoughts and recommendations on the storage).

Speedy

Simple answer is; sleep in your own beds. Can't make any suggestions on parks because we've never been to Nashville.

Kbvols

ILH if the RV resort is Nashvile Shores I have heard good things about it although never camped there. We did however live in Nashville and Nashville Shores is located on Percy Priest lake which is a beautiful lake and is very centrally located would be 10-15 minutes to downtown probably same to Opryand Hotel I think it is still called that. 20 minutes to the Hermitage. Hope that helps. Enjoy Nashville we loved living there although it has been several years ago.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
There are a couple of campgrounds near Opryland on Music Valley Dr - Two Rivers Campground (www.tworiverscampground.com), Nashville KOA (http://koa.com/campgrounds/nashville) and Nashville Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park (www.nashvillejellystone.com). We have only stayed at the KOA but the others look clean. There's not much south of town but if you will be farther east near Lebanon, there's Countryside Resort (www.countrysideresort.com). We have stayed there once and it wasn't anything to write home about.

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
We have stayed at the KOA before and it was OK. A couple of years ago Heartland had our Rally there so we were there then. We needed to store our Bighorn for a week while we made a quick trip to N.C. and the KOA put it on a vacant site for us. I am sure any of these campgrounds may also offer storage for you. There is also a Camping World store next door if you need them.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Part of the consideration is also the status of the timeshare and the particulars around you using it. If you're renting it from someone else and are not familiar with it, be advised they run the gamut from Gold Crown resorts to motel conversions. Location and amenities are another factor. How much, if renting, is the cost vs. using your rig in a campground.

Unless you are the timeshare owner, there are a lot of variables. We own timeshares and use them, as well as trade them for other destinations.

TXSWICK

Nashville Country RV Park = 13 Miles North of Downtown Nashville on 31W North, right off of I-65, in Goodlettsville / Millersville - We stayed a couple of nights here - Very nice and friendly staff and the facilities were very clean, We will stay here again on our next trip from TX to IN.