Neat Idea for Checking Out Campgrounds

wdk450

Gang:
I was trying to explain to a fellow LOW's member how nice the Feather Falls KOA in Oroville, Ca. is, but he had doubts without seeing the place. I frequently recommend RVParkReviews.com to find and check out what fellow RVers say about RV Parks. I had the brainflash this morning to simply bring up the Google search website, click on "Images", type in the name of the RV Park in the search bar, and see all the photos posted previously by RVers who have stayed there. The pictures greatly augment the written reviews.

ILH

I've been augmenting my search with Google pictures and Google maps (for site sizes). I still rely heavily on rvparkreviews as the best source.

scottyb

I've been augmenting my search with Google pictures and Google maps (for site sizes). I still rely heavily on rvparkreviews as the best source.

+1. This really seemd to help so you know ahead about exit procedures and access in/out of the park.

I have also used Campsite Photos.com . They don't have all campgrounds but they have had many that I was interested in. I found the site ahead that I reserved in Big Bend with it, and it turned out perfect. I am using it now in planning for a Moab trip in Oct, where I want to camp at one of the BLM camps on the river.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Great idea, Bill. In the process of scouting our run to Texas and I'll definitely do that. Let me second the notion that RVparkreviews.com is a must.

Gaffer

Try google street view. I have seen some where you can "travel" right down the roads and actually view the sites. Most of the time you can only see in from the exterior street.

TheLindsays

we search the campgrounds on youtube... a lot of campers make little videos of the park... some good.. some not so good.. but sometimes you get to see how the roads and spaces are etc. .. and I hit up my neighbor/friend Bob Vaughn... he and Sue have camped for years.. they are like my campground review.. :)... maybe we should have a forum place to post campground reviews... with or without pics'.. the main things people want to know is size and ease of access to spaces.. amenities.. things to do near the park etc.