Need assist hand rail on 3970RD

Happy Campers

It has a black handrail on the right side of the steps going up to the bedroom and bathroom.Since I am dependent on a cane and the steps are a little wider I need a handrail on the left side of the steps also.They could not install the handrail and told me it was too much of a liability for them to do it.I can get it installed if I can buy it from Heartland or know where to buy it.

Thank you,
John Knight

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
It has a black handrail on the right side of the steps going up to the bedroom and bathroom.Since I am dependent on a cane and the steps are a little wider I need a handrail on the left side of the steps also.They could not install the handrail and told me it was too much of a liability for them to do it.I can get it installed if I can buy it from Heartland or know where to buy it.

Thank you,
John Knight

John

Yes you buy one from Heartland. Just call the customer service number listed on the portal page. Have your Vin #
ready when you call.

wdk450

John:
Great last name!!! I had problems with my regular wood left side handrail coming loose from the wall. I used these large metal anchors in the old screw holes to secure the handrail firmly.

metal wall anchor.jpg

Happy Campers

Bill,mine kept coming loose on the 3370RL so I took it off the wall and cut a 1X4 ,stained it to match the handrail and screwed it to the three studs then screwed the handrail to the 1X4.That solved my problem and it has been rock solid ever since and I plan on doing basically the same design on this RV as the handrail probably wont line up with the studs properly.
I don't know if you remember me but my wife and I met you and your wife,may she rest in peace, 5-6 years ago at Seven Oaks RV Resort in Mission,TX.

wdk450

Bill,mine kept coming loose on the 3370RL so I took it off the wall and cut a 1X4 ,stained it to match the handrail and screwed it to the three studs then screwed the handrail to the 1X4.That solved my problem and it has been rock solid ever since and I plan on doing basically the same design on this RV as the handrail probably wont line up with the studs properly.
I don't know if you remember me but my wife and I met you and your wife,may she rest in peace, 5-6 years ago at Seven Oaks RV Resort in Mission,TX.

John:
Maybe you met Deb with me somewhere before she passed in late 2010, but we never went to Texas. We went to rallies in Oregon and California, along with private trips to Washington state, but not to Texas.

Happy Campers

Bill,we met a nice couple in 2009 while we were wintering in S. Texas with the last name of Knight.He had a 04 Dodge and if my memory hasn't failed me too much his RV was also a 08 Bighorn so now you see the coincidence ?.All these years I just took for granted it was you but now I need to go through my 09 pics and see if I took some photos of this other Knight.