Need some education - 12 volt wiring and breakers...

cgaskins

Hello all... I admit up front that 12 volt wiring is not my strong suit and I need some information and education. Sorry for the stupid questions.

So as others have stated on the forum - I too am having issues with a weak 50amp breaker and my level up system and slides. My first question - I assume it is the same breaker right since there is only one hydraulic system for my 2015 Big Country 3650. (correct me if I am wrong).

So I purchased a new 50 amp breaker on Amazon and I go to replace it today. I encountered wiring that I had not seen before in my previous systems. I have a line of breakers 6 of them next to each other. There appears to be copper strip on the input side that connects all of the breakers. (Photo below). My second question - so is this just a power distribution bar to all of the breakers? I can't see another purpose - I had not seen it done that way before but it make sense.

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 4.33.35 PM.jpg

My third question - the bottom 2 breakers don't have output connected to anything - why?

My final question - It appears to me that the 3rd breaker from the top is the one going to the hydraulic system - right?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Chris

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You on the right track
The brass bar feeds Powder to 5 of the 6 or 7 breakers.

You can find the the 2 breakers with​the big cables one goes down to the convertor. And one goes up to the hydraulic pump solinoid.

The 2 blank ones are normally for the electric power cord real and the rear electric stabilizer jacks. You probably don't have either of them.

Also there might be another 50amp breaker between your batteries and your cut off switch. I have seen it go bad too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

View attachment 51307

I'm guessing here.
#1) The top is not part of the brass bar so it is power coming from you truck
#2) Convertor
#3) Hydraulic pump solenoid - with the other wire on the left side going to a inline fuse then on to your level-up control panel
#4) Electric bedroom slide ... Do you have one ??? (This could be the opposite too. If you have a power reel and a hydraulic bedroom slide.) then #4) is the reel
#5) Blank (electric power cord reel or Bedroom slide) if you had it
#6) Blank (rear electric stabilizer jacks) if you had it

That's my guess and what I've been finding.

Hope I'm right and hope this helps
Jerrod

CoveredWagon

Go to Heartland tools (top of page) choose Heartland owners manuals, choose electrical (left side) then DC Bus bar. Hope this helps