Need to Replace Our Portable Gas Grill

porthole

Retired
Three things I don't like about my Q200. Can't get it hot enough at times and others not low enough to keep burning. Wind is an issue. And if you don't cover it or remember to remove the drip pan it fills with water.

SilverRhino

I've enjoyed reading all the different thoughts on what grill to use.....Considering what I have seen myself and the input from forum members I think we will go with the Weber Q100.

The size of this grill, as pointed out by Ray L., is more than adequate for the two of us....or three when the Grandson is along. Storage will also be easy due to the size. I will miss not having a raised rack, but I think I can come up with something to remedy that problem.

Thanks again for all your input.

Travel Safe!

We need to replace our portable gas grill and I am trying to decide which one to purchase.

I have been looking at the Weber 200, that gets great reviews, and had pretty much decided that was what we were going to get. Looking at them, they cost $200 no matter where I buy it.

Just the past few days I have seen a couple of different ads for the Coleman Companion, which would save me about $50.

My question is......Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Coleman grill?? and what was the reasoning for purchasing it over the Weber??

Appreciate any comments or input.

Travel Safe!

We ended up with the Weber Q200 in 2008 and plan to buy another one (so we can leave the older one at home). Our friends had the Coleman and decided it was too much headache, compared to our weber. We set the weber in the back of the truck while we travel down the road. And we power wash it it once a year to get it good and clean for the next camping season.
Never go cheap on something that is cooking your food.

DougS

Doug S
Another vote for a Weber. We have had ours for over 5 years and the only thing we have had to replace are the throw away grease trays. We have cooked for 6 with the smaller BBQ. Mine is set up for the small bottles or quick connect to RV which my SOB had.

RNRUSA

Hi all, I would go the Q200. We live in Australia and have the Q200 here. We have just bought one for our up coming 12 month trip to the US. One tip read the book it has some great tips on using it. We use it for nearly all our cooking and we live in a townhouse in Brisbane Qld Australia. You can't beat the price over here we pay $450 for the same grill (BBQ). Cheers