Nerves are frayed today

ParkIt

Our beautiful sunny weather went south and now its raining like it does in November with sideways winds. We put a large tarp over the entire unit from front to back with 2' over the sides then put pavers on top to hold it down last week but that isn't holding up to the 27mph gusts with rain, there is no point in trying to secure it even more since you just get slapped in the face with wet tarp. Four grommets popped first and it just keeps putting pressure on the others and now they are popping as well!

Even though I caulked the top with roof tape over it I'm still nervous about water getting in though next Monday it will be in the shop for the front cap, even then you can't always find water damage but I'm going to make them look all through the unit to make sure nothing is damp in corners, sidewalls, under cabinets etc.

I hate days like this, wish the shops weren't so busy that they could have gotten our unit in last week when it was still sunny and dry!

FiremanBill

Some crazy weather everywhere lately. it was only in the mid 60's here today and it is NEVER that cool in mid may around here. More rain than I can remember ever too.

Hope your rig comes through ok.

AnnR

Good luck! Thanks for taking time to help me with my stove issue. I'm hoping that your helpfulness brings you good camping Karma and you make it through the storm without damage! :)

ParkIt

I checked it on and off all day, it got clear and sunny round 5pm (what?). So far everything feels dry, no sag/bubbles and I have a weird way of knowing if something is level just by looking at it and I looked at that roof a lot since the drop into the bed. I'm weird enough to put my ear to the walls all around the coach to find if I could hear any drip sounds and pulled the ac covers and felt up in there as well, dry so far and hope it holds out cuz this week is looking to be this kind of weather.
My DH thinks I have OCD now because of all the time I spent running outside and spending in the unit...slides, seams, pulling out drawers, basement, anywhere water could get in. Water damage is worse than anything else to me because you can't stop it once it starts.

FiremanBill, you have been in some bad weather too this year, have a few friends round your neck of the woods and they say the same thing. Hope it doesn't pop to the 90's and stay that way until September.

Ann, hope you get your stove fixed though travel units are a bit more delicate so to speak when it comes to what can go wrong. At least it isn't as expensive to fix as a household unit ;)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
ParkIt, your DH might be right about the OCD. LOL.
I doubt that you will ever hear a drip in the walls because of the insulation.
But you are doing the right thing by checking around after a rain.
After a good rain I always check for wet spots. I don't want to be walking around someday and put my foot through the floor because I wasn't pro active keeping an eye out for trouble.

Peace
Dave

ParkIt

ParkIt, your DH might be right about the OCD. LOL.
I doubt that you will ever hear a drip in the walls because of the insulation.
But you are doing the right thing by checking around after a rain.
After a good rain I always check for wet spots. I don't want to be walking around someday and put my foot through the floor because I wasn't pro active keeping an eye out for trouble.

Peace
Dave
Actually its CDO if you have OCD... ;-)
We keep it covered just before the rain sets in round here as it is and I'm big on the "smell" test as soon as I open the door but we were having such nice weather, was hoping it would hold out until next Monday when it goes in for repair. At least they will check for any water damage (required by our insurance) so if there is something they can get that too. Not that I want that to happen but water damage is the worst thing to me - after watching the cap hit the bed of a truck. Hard.

Wrestled the cover back on today since it dried out but more rain is on the way then headed east of the mountains where they don't get any rain after mid April once its road ready. If there is anything remotely damp its gonna dry out quick by the end of May with temps in the 80-90's and no humidity.