NEVER Buying Another Heartland

Status
Not open for further replies.

OEFVET

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[SUP][1][/SUP] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[SUP][2][/SUP] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[SUP][3][/SUP] often for their own amusement.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I also will not buy another Heartland. We're very happy with the one we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Oh Frank - you have "feet" to go :)

Debbie wanted a bigger one when I picked this one out. For someone who didn't want to go any bigger, she's sure changed her mind. She had a lot to do with getting the DRW 1T just for this reason.lol

One of the first things I did was install a EMS-HW50C. I found the ground terminal inside the transfer switch was tightened, but the ground wire wasn't attached. The ground wire was loose but making contact and grounding to the box so the switch was working when it left the factory. The ground wire was tough to see and I probably would not of caught it if I wasn't installing the EMS.

Another thing I did right off, was lube the rollers under the bedroom slide. They weren't turning and all it took was a little oil.

I just figured these things are hand built. They aren't robot assembly line products, everything is put together by human hands and I'll eventually find loose or over tight fasteners years from now that I will address as I find them. This is my first RV, and i was very happy with the dealer. But I took the dealer prep and walk through as just an orientation on how things worked. There were a couple of minor problems the dealer addressed after our first night staying in the RV at the dealership. By coincidence, one was a water leak under the sink and they found the over the air TV booster had the input and output cables mixed up and causing a short circuit when the booster was on. The water leak was fixed by tightening a fitting, and since, I've made sure all the fittings are tight as an annual basis.

I don't have any suggestions for Heartland, it's not part of my job description. I was very happy with our dealer, and I'm certain they would of fixed any problem I had in the first year though I find it's easier to do the work myself than wait in line. And Heartland Corporate has answered my calls every time and I have placed a couple of orders with Parts which I found easy and big plus to be able to get OEM parts from the manufacturer, But I would think Heartland might take note that some of these common problems that could be solved with a second or third quality control check at the factory. I wouldn't expect the average dealer to know everything there is to know about every make and model RV they sell.

But overall, I don't think I would find better fit and finish, or features on a 5-Th wheel RV.

2010 Ram 3500 HD traded in for new 2015 3500 HD DRW mega cab with 3.42 gears
I haven't hooked up yet, we'll see how it pulls with 17" wheels.
2014 Cyclone 3100
G614 Goodyears
Good Sam gps
Trimark keyed alike
Xantex 2000 watt inverter "Inverter Service Center"
Blue Sea System toggle source selector
L.E.D. running lights
Quadra Bigfoot levelers
Dexter wet bolts
Boyo wireless backup camera
EMS-HW50C
TST 507RV
Smittybuilt air compressor
Splendide 2100XC
26k Husky hitch
Mor Ryde pin box
6-volt 240 AH batteries
Added dinette
Replaced L.E.D. tail lights with Leading Edge Trailer light bars (made in the US)

jbeletti

A few days ago, I reached out to the OP to let them know they have several comments to their thread including feedback from the factory. I didn't receive a response and the OP has not logged back into the forum since August 21 (6 weeks) - the day the thread was created.

As it seems apparent the OP was doing a "hit and run" with this thread with no apparent plan to return to it and gain whatever was to be gained, I will be closing it now. Thanks for all who tried to help the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.