NeverCold 1210

avvidclif

Here are the baffles I am referring to. The baffle on the right is there, it's a piece of paneling across the bottom part of the vent. The baffle at the top is what I added using insulation. In my case the top of the fridge was level with the top of the vent opening so a piece of foam was laid on top of the fridge and extended out to the outer wall, all the way across.

Attachments

• Norcold baffle.pdf
    70.7 KB · Views: 16

lynndiwagoner

I tried adding that baffle, I even added 5 muffin fans to the outside covers. I was moving a lot of air. Still didn't work right. Research shows that on my model the norcold was not centered within the outside vent covers. I had a more open area on one side of the fridge, creating a dead area. If these things are that sensitive to air circulation then they are not for me. Out it went. Good luck.

OnTheGoGA

I tried adding that baffle, I even added 5 muffin fans to the outside covers. I was moving a lot of air. Still didn't work right. Research shows that on my model the norcold was not centered within the outside vent covers. I had a more open area on one side of the fridge, creating a dead area. If these things are that sensitive to air circulation then they are not for me. Out it went. Good luck.

I had the exact same issue and like you probably are, I'm in not warm but HOT HOT weather. I had a lot of help from The Norcold Guy. They have the vent specs posted in their tech blog but it was still a little confusing. After annoying them to no end with Email and phone calls we got it working haha. I was more frustrated that this installation was okay in my coach when clearly the venting specs from norcold don't allow this install if it's not highly baffled. They had me install a new fan and two more baffles. It's working well now in low to mid 90's temps. I'm pretty happy with that since before I had done anything to the ventilation I had food spoiling. I also installed one of those ARP controls to lengthen the lifespan of the cooling unit and prevent overheating. Norcold High Temp Switch.

Happy for the time being!