New $.20 Diesel Tax for Californians

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdk450

Well, our esteemed governor has pushed forward a bill to add a $.20 a gallon additional tax on diesel fuel for the foreseeable future. This tax is being put forward as a means to repair the poor California roads. Most Californians might support this if they didn't remember the PREVIOUS raise to the fuel taxes in the 1970's to repair the roads. THE GOVERNOR/LEGISLATURE SUBSEQUENTLY RAIDED THIS "Road Repair" FUND AND DIVERTED THE MONIES INTO THE STATE GENERAL FUND.

Can you say "Bait and switch"????

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I used to live in shakey. I do not know why anyone else does. The powers that be are out of control led by the people.

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

mlpeloquin

Did you for get the two propositions that were passed, both 900 plus billion to fix the roads. The fine print in each said "IF THE BUDGET WAS BALANCED". So they made sure the budget was not and the money was ****** away. 2.8 trillion to pay it off in 30 years. ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Bones

I wonder if people will start keeping extra large fuel tanks on their property now? They are aiming to go after the big rigs. It will hurt the people in the long run and it will hurt the Personally owned diesel equipment people. All the big companies will just add an extra charge which probably would be higher than the tax to cover the extra cost of doing business.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Well, our esteemed governor has pushed forward a bill to add a $.20 a gallon additional tax on diesel fuel for the foreseeable future. This tax is being put forward as a means to repair the poor California roads. Most Californians might support this if they didn't remember the PREVIOUS raise to the fuel taxes in the 1970's to repair the roads. THE GOVERNOR/LEGISLATURE SUBSEQUENTLY RAIDED THIS "Road Repair" FUND AND DIVERTED THE MONIES INTO THE STATE GENERAL FUND.

Can you say "Bait and switch"????

Yeah well good luck with that!! A long gone PA governor did same to the tune of 30 cents several years ago to replace bridges and fix roads. Of course published a long list of proposed improvements. Just recently the DOT says there's not enough money to complete the wish list because of the mis/reallocation of said tax revenues.
They all tell a story that's mostly fiction,
Birds of a feather ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aandaar

This is exactly why we are selling the house and leaving CA. Retirement date 18 months and 2 days.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
It would be refreshing if we would for once get a non-fiction story

http://abc7.com/news/gas-tax-hike-proposed-to-fund-$52b-plan-to-fix-ca-roads/1824879/

The state's current 16-cent-a-gallon diesel excise tax would climb by 20 cents, which is a 125 percent increase. It would raise $7.3 billion over 10 years.

There you are my friend.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Gotta have a slush fund for when you secede from the Union, don'tcha know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

http://abc7.com/news/gas-tax-hike-proposed-to-fund-$52b-plan-to-fix-ca-roads/1824879/

The state's current 16-cent-a-gallon diesel excise tax would climb by 20 cents, which is a 125 percent increase. It would raise $7.3 billion over 10 years.

There you are my friend.

I hope they do something special with the law, because all gas tax revenue goes into the general fund. So what do you think they are going to do with the money?

Bones

There you are my friend.

Oh. I was making a joke with all the stories we get from politicians. It would be refreshing if they actually used the money for what it was raised for.

C-Haert

No country has ever taxed themselves into prosperity...CA is/will be no different.

It's been a good ride but my CA home is going on the market in T-minus 12 months!

C-Haert
:cool:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gov. "Moon beam" strikes again. The money will never fix a single foot of road or bridge. The working people have to pay for the ones that don't want to.

Aandaar

Increased Gas and diesel tax and now Sanctuary State! Retirement can't come fast enough.

Sandy2407

Bottom line, Gov "Moon Beam" wants the $ for his bullet train to nowhere. House is going on the market and we are headed to Colorado.........

Status
Not open for further replies.