Proposed NEW Diesel Fuel Tax Bill in Congress

archbarb

Okay, so I'm no rocket scientist but this screams of PAC's or special interest groups representing the big truckers. Is their a special interest group in DC representing the RV industry and if so, are they screaming? I am appalled that this is happening....we only have diesel in our driveway and it seems like another slap in the face. I'd like someone from Heartland to chime in on this!!!
Barb

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
:mad:Can't comment without being political. :mad:

Last edited:

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
And you realize that if it did pass you would not see a 6.3 cent increase at the pump, because the price at the pump always ends in .9 so the pump price will increase by 7.0 and the dealers will realize a .7 cents per gallon windfall. The fuel industry will be behind it but blame the government for the increase.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There was the "Arab Spring," maybe we should have the "American Fall." Tear up some train tracks, boil up a pot of tar and pluck some chicken feathers. Clean the lot of them out of office and start fresh. Oh yeah, and terminate their six-figure lifetime pensions and health care, too.

merlinb

Retired
There was the "Arab Spring," maybe we should have the "American Fall." Tear up some train tracks, boil up a pot of tar and pluck some chicken feathers. Clean the lot of them out of office and start fresh. Oh yeah, and terminate their six-figure lifetime pensions and health care, too.

Where is the "LIKE" button for this post? :)

tmcran

Well,we gripe and complain but just keep sending the same folks back term after term. So we get what we get. I don't plan to vote for any incumbent in my district or state this year. Woops sorry about political but ..........

ihsolutions

I won't reveal my political leanings, but I *do* believe that probably just about every Washington politician is corrupt. It's all a sham, and just keeps getting worse. Unfortunately it would take a majority of the country to realize this fact before we'd see any kind of real change. And to be perfectly candid, I'm not sure people will ever care enough for that to happen, because it's just so easy to do nothing.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I won't reveal my political leanings, but I *do* believe that probably just about every Washington politician is corrupt. It's all a sham, and just keeps getting worse. Unfortunately it would take a majority of the country to realize this fact before we'd see any kind of real change. And to be perfectly candid, I'm not sure people will ever care enough for that to happen, because it's just so easy to do nothing.

Apathy is our worst enemy!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Oh yeah, and terminate their six-figure lifetime pensions and health care, too.

X2 here! I can't believe what my Health Insurance will cost once I retire! :eek: And that's after 40 years on the same job!

Wmnmy

I hear ya mine cost 800 for the wife and I when I retire in 7 but it will most likely rise like these fuel prices ....

tmcran

This doesn't seem to going anywhere. Been in committee over month and a half. Also only has one co-sponsor. This same bill died in 2010 and looks the same for this one.

Moose

The easy thing to do is raise taxes.

The right thing to do is cut spending.

Errrr. . . . . . did I say that?

SHG_SteveUrkel.gif