New $.20 Diesel Tax for Californians

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNOKING

Gas gets a 12 cent increase, also vehicle registration costs go up. As someone that drives through the state, the roads need it. Nevada here we come. Actually this does not start until the end of the year. Chris

wdk450

On local (Sacramento) TV the other night before the vote, Democratic AND Republican members of the California Senate said that their constituent phone calls were 80% AGAINST the tax measure, and yet they approved it. The TV station also said that public opinion telephone polls about the measure were about 80% against it, too.

The measure was already amended before approval to remove a bunch of money from the announced purpose of fixing roads, to supporting mass transit. A Republican senator who was the swing vote to approve the measure got a special pork barrel amendment package of projects for his district, too.

BTW, I just got the yearly DMV renewal notice for my 13 year old RAM 3500 - $374, and that will be going up by $45 (I believe) next year as part of this tax package.

mlpeloquin

On local (Sacramento) TV the other night before the vote, Democratic AND Republican members of the California Senate said that their constituent phone calls were 80% AGAINST the tax measure, and yet they approved it. The TV station also said that public opinion telephone polls about the measure were about 80% against it, too.

The measure was already amended before approval to remove a bunch of money from the announced purpose of fixing roads, to supporting mass transit. A Republican senator who was the swing vote to approve the measure got a special pork barrel amendment package of projects for his district, too.

BTW, I just got the yearly DMV renewal notice for my 13 year old RAM 3500 - $374, and that will be going up by $45 (I believe) next year as part of this tax package.

Bill I have not kept track and I hope you are correct. My wife said the news reported that it was $125.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.