New 2014 4100 King - Washer Dryer Problem

ptysonjr

Picking up our 4100 King tomorrow and was called by the service manager last night and was told that our whirlpool washer/dryer would not stack in the allotted compartment and says we will have to go with the Splendid 2100xc. Has anyone else been able to stack their combo units in that closet or has everyone gone with the combo? They are paying for the new combo unit as they can sell ours with the trade in but I wanted to get some feedback first from you all. I've learned long ago that nothing is free and there is always some sort of negative with something like this. Your thoughts please.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Thats a bummer. Is it the the height or width? Did anyone measure the closet and the W/D height? Is there a shelf that can be removed to gain height?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I was looking at 4100's a couple of weeks ago and it appears the angles inside the closet limit the placement of the bottom unit. It has to be positioned so far back and to one side that there's no room for a unit on top of it. It also looked like there was room for a design change to modify the closet opening area to make it slightly larger with room for stackables.

ptysonjr

Thats a bummer. Is it the the height or width? Did anyone measure the closet and the W/D height? Is there a shelf that can be removed to gain height?

It is one of those things where the sales manager said no problem and we all assumed it would work. The service manager is always the one that gives you the REAL answer. I was told it is a height problem.

DocFather

I have a 2014 4100 with stacked Whirlpool washer and dryer. It all fits fine and works great. The only minor inconvenience is turning the Dryer Timer dial. I have to reach my fingers up and under the trim piece and then rotate it to the "more dry" setting which is the only one I use, so it is not really a problem. I will provide pics if you wish.

DocFather

The washer & dryer were installed by Raper RV's in Richmond, Indiana

Feel free to Pvt Msg me your phone # if you need to ask anything

Doc

20140121_141622 (2).jpg...20140121_141528.jpg...20140121_141522.jpg...20140121_141502.jpg

ptysonjr

Thanks a million. Now they have no recourse after I showed them these photos. I will update you on the outcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mizmary

They will have to remove the hanger rod. Because we were doing a DIY install we opted for the 2100xc. Also- the drain pan won't fit (if you have one installed, which is recommended) unless you put a riser and new floor in the closet. You end up losing an additional 2" or so there.

I hope they can manage to get it worked out for you. We don't mind the 2100 and we full-time with two kids - so it's possible. I like that I can store my ironing board and stuff in there with the washer dryer. And we can still hang coats in that closet.

ptysonjr

They just called me and said the height is not the problem it is the depth at the top when both units are stacked. The dryer measures 23" deep and the space at that height is only 20" deep due to the way the cap angles back. Do you know if they had to cut the back wall to allow for the dryer depth?

DocFather

They just called me and said the height is not the problem it is the depth at the top when both units are stacked. The dryer measures 23" deep and the space at that height is only 20" deep due to the way the cap angles back. Do you know if they had to cut the back wall to allow for the dryer depth?

Not to my knowledge, but I cannot see around the unit. But the floor is standard and there is a drip pan as well which has the drain going down through the LP tank compartment.

iowaone

I have the stackable's in my 4100. They had to modify the WD closet to make them fit. We have the queen bed so their was room to extend the closet out. The mod by the dealer came out ver nice but not sure it would work if you have the king bed.

ptysonjr

I have the stackable's in my 4100. They had to modify the WD closet to make them fit. We have the queen bed so their was room to extend the closet out. The mod by the dealer came out ver nice but not sure it would work if you have the king bed.

Thanks for the reply everyone. Looks like its gonna be a combo. Could be worse.

For what is is worth...my family and I are on a 18 month trek in our 2013 4000Elite. We are a family of 7 with 5 kids. We literally wash 2 loads a day in our Splendid Combo. the thing is a beast and we love it. We have probably washed 500 loads since we started and it is great. We love having the extra space above the unit to hang things and keep laundry supplies.

ptysonjr

You will have plenty of time with the kids because it takes all day for those 2 loads to finish. LOL! On another note, Heartland should do a feature on your family. That is a true test of the quality and comfort of a Cyclone with 7 people being in it for 18 months.
Thanks for the feedback!

Beemer

I bought a new 2014 4100 as well and told by dealer thy would have to modify the closet to make the Whirlpools fit. Still waiting on that redo...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mizmary

Each dealer has their own policies. The whirlpool will fit if you don't install a drain pan, remove the closet rod and do a few extortionist tricks to wrangle it in there.

We full time with two kids and have enjoyed the smaller combo unit. It does the job well and we get to keep some closet space. To each his own. If you want the combo - you may or may not have good luck with your dealer and you may or may not have to modify the closet. The drain pan for me was a necessity - and so the combo was what we ordered. (I think it's also a bit cheaper than the stackable isn't it?)

You'll enjoy the unit whether you get the stackable or the combo. :)