New 2015 Bighorn 3270RS Floor Plan

RVFun4Us

Wow! Great to finally see some photos of the long awaited 3270RS!! Hopefully, the Heartland website will post some photos of this on the website soon. Really appreciate the 35' length as not everyone wants an RV, 38' or longer. Interesting to see the sale price ****. It will be very interesting to see this one in person once it becomes available.

Last edited by a moderator:

CB3Tige

Saw a 3270 at my local dealer in Salt Lake City. I'm considering this trailer for my first 5er. The specs fit what we want almost perfectly. The 18 cu ft fridge gets its space by eliminating the fridge and freezer dividers. Looks nice, but it did not have the attractive wood doors. We especially like the pocket door for bedroom access to the bathroom. The interior decor was "Cambridge", a grey faux leather with similar fabrics. Yech.

Is is there a Bighorn website that goes into detail on available interior decors? Most that I have seen just have three swatches--Sedona, Buckhorn and I think Remington. Looking at different trailers, especially the 3270, it's hard to know what's available or what they will look like. I haven't seen this grey Cambridge anywhere.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There is another thing to look at.
Our Bighorn Community Forum has the 2014 MSRP Build Sheets available for you to see. Click Here.
Your dealer should have these available as well.

Peace
Dave

CB3Tige

Thanks for trying, both of you. Heartland--BigHorn--3270--Decor yields three swatches: Remington, Buckhorn and Sedona. The Custom Build Sheet lists three decor options (apparently for all models?): Cambridge, Amarillo, Buckskin.

I remain confused and without a good understanding of what is available and what it really looks like.

K

karykatz

New Décor colors. We no longer offer Sedona and Remington decors. the new decors are Cambridge and Amarillo. the Cambridge has warm grey tones and looks great. it can be seen on our Heartland RV website under the new 3750FL photo gallery. The new Amarillo is very similar to the old Remington. The furniture is the same and the valance and dinette chairs have changed. The Buckskin has also changed slightly, the valance and dinette chairs are the same, but the furniture is a slightly darker tan. This can be seen on our website under the new 3270RS photo gallery. these new decors went into affect for units being built after 8/21/2014. I hope this helps.

CB3Tige

Thank you. That's helpful. I hope your web person(s) can update the site and make it easier to understand and see these choices.

Geodude

We have a BH3585 on order. During the process of figuring out floor plans, options, decor, basement configurations and other elements was a real challenge,and required hours of detective work up close and personal with Google. Luckily a lot of dealers put very good pictures on their web sites, both stills and video. We also relied on web posting dates to see the small changes over the last year or so. One example of this is that a left side outside storage compartment seems to have appeared in the kitchen slide, and this shows up on dealer inventory pictures only, so far. We've found the same with other details.

I think Heartland could pick up a few good pointers in terms of how many of their dealers portray these fine Heartland products in such great detail and with the latest features.

rono

The online brochure indicates that the 3270 is 35' 2" but the online floor plans indicate that it is 36' 7" long. What is the actual length please?

CB3Tige

I am VERY impressed with the breadth and depth of this whole Heartland forum. The number of topics is outstanding, and good employees chiming in makes a big difference. Owners and others contribute a lot of useful information. Thanks.

Midyear changes, and absolutely nutso model year introduction dates (as with the auto industry) really don't help consumers at all. I am sure it is hard for web guys to keep up, but in 2014 (15) those who play the website game well score the most points. Keeping menus of options current with accurate descriptions and photos probably would do more for sales than gimmicky marketing ploys with dates and names. Just the facts, Ma'm, just the facts. Some sites allow you to actually build your own product to the point of ordering, with guides to prevent mistakes and other helps to get it right.

Having seen the first 3270 in Utah, I will be ordering one very shortly. Yes, there is a small carpeted additional outside storage locker behind the fireplace. The salesman was surprised to see it.

I have already looked at a dozen sources for ordering options, and I am still unsure I will be able to get what we think we want. Yes, it's complex, but this hard? The first time I saw the term "standard upgrade option" I just shook my head. And I took Latin in school! Oh, and it took some time before the RV term IPO became clear to me (In Place Of--a custom ordering option). That's an acronym that's not on the old closed thread on RV acronyms. Yeah, I went there early, for both me and my DW.

Unable to to post this in the "Ask The Factory" forum as I am not yet an owner.

Sorry for for the thread drift, folks. Back to the 3720 floor plan discussion. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tomden2

I'm new to this forum, and not a Bighorn owner, but am very close to buying a new 3270rs. While doing research today, I've found that Heartland site has the length listed as 35'2". On a number of dealer sites, the length is listed as 36'7". This question has been asked on this forum previously, but I can't find an answer. Help!

K

karykatz

CB3Tige - thank you for your question. all lengths listed are from the center of the king pin to the rear bumper. You will need to account for the Rear ladder and the part of the cap that extends over the king pin. I hope this helps.

SeattleLion

Kary,

What is the true height of our 3160 EL? We have some 14' overpasses and I would hate to take the top of the coach.

laprez

Hi, can the 3270 be ordered with a 12 cuft fridge? Dealer says no. Also gave us an option list and says these are the only options - mostly complete, but missing a couple of things:
Plank Wood Style vinyl flooring
Heat Pump option
Garmin Backup Camera

And finally - can the Tire Pressure Monitor (from Landmark) be installed on a Bighorn.

And one more finally - is it possible to get a rig without the Washer/Dryer set up - something we will never use.

Thanks

K

karykatz

Art & Pat- We only offer the 18 cu gas absorption RV refer. We no longer offer the 12 cu refer. We do offer wood plank flooring, Heat pumps for both AC units and Garmin back up camera on our special build price sheet. If you are interested in the TPMS system, we able to install. Your dealer will need to contact their Bighorn sales rep to help get this option installed. I hope this helps.

AAdams

Hi, can the 3270 be ordered with a 12 cuft fridge? Dealer says no. Also gave us an option list and says these are the only options - mostly complete, but missing a couple of things:
Plank Wood Style vinyl flooring
Heat Pump option
Garmin Backup Camera

And finally - can the Tire Pressure Monitor (from Landmark) be installed on a Bighorn.

And one more finally - is it possible to get a rig without the Washer/Dryer set up - something we will never use.

Thanks

There are 2 build sheets, tell your dealer to have Heartland send them the 'special' builds sheet. There are some nice options on this sheet. You can see this sheet on POST # 1 here.

laprez

Thanks for the responses - yes, I am familiar with the build sheets. Just have to convince the sales guy, that they exist. The build sheets is one reason for looking at BH after rejecting many SOBs. Saw a 3270 in Tucson last week and we both like the unit. But the stainless steel monstrosity, as the wife put it, allowed us to leave the dealership gracefully (just told the sales guy, we did not like the huge fridge). So now we are back to the SOBs...

Cedar Creek has the smaller fridge as an option - too bad there are none near us... oh well.