New 2017 cyclone 4250 residential refridgerator not working well, just got it yesterday

Chris571

Hi all this is my first post a few freind de recomended I join this site which so far I figured out one issue from. With city water supply issue.
This is a question on my fridge.
We have the residential Hisence brand fridge.
We picked up hauler 2 days ago, unloaded our old one into the new one at the dealer 12 hrs from home.
Food tool boxes clothes etc entire camper.
First the fridge should have ran on the inverter dealer said they charged batteries, plus drove 5 hrs truck charging batteries aka maintaining them one would think.
Slept , in am all food was warm, throw it all out.
When's to a camp ground plug it in 50 amp.
Got new food, put in in freezer only got as cool as a fridge, and fridge maybe cool not cold after6 hrs.
i ran to Walmart grabbed a small fridge for the meat and milk.

It it seems to be a little better today, but not as good.
any Ideas?
I did turn off breaker for 10 min yesterday and switched on hoping to reset.
Also camper was not level off front to back 8-12" because auto level was not right.
i found that issue and reset, all level now.
The valve was electric control upon inspection was not there. Dealer installed new one.
Mounted it the wrong way because they could not fit a screw gun in the correct way.
I spun it hand screwed it facing fwd as label says. And all good.
maybe fridge had to be level, and inverter now working was a separate issue?

sorry for the long explanation, but I figured more info the better.
thnak you for any advise.

Chris
ccs#571 road racing is life.
17 cyclone 4250

danemayer

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on the new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

You should know pretty soon if the refrigerator is working correctly on shore power. It may take longer than 6 hours for a fridge to get down to temperature. But I would think 24 hours would be enough. Freezer should get close to zero (F) and refrigerator should be around 37 (F).

Off-level with a gas absorption RV refrigerator is a serious problem. But 'm not sure to what degree being way off level might affect a residential refrigerator.

When towing, the inverter has to be turned on. If batteries are disconnected, or run down, or the battery cutoff is off, when you get power flowing again, the inverter doesn't restart automatically. If the fridge does get to normal operating temperatures, you can test the operation by turning the inverter on and then going to the main circuit breaker panel and turning the circuit breaker for the refrigerator off. That should cause the dedicated transfer switch to change over to the inverter output.

If the refrigerator doesn't run on the inverter, or if the inverter doesn't work, the diagnostic flowchart in our Residential Refrigerator Guide may be helpful. And there's other information that will help you understand how the residential refrigerators are set up and powered. The guide is based on a Fridgidaire, but apart from that, the rest should apply to your setup.

Oregon_Camper

I'd hold off for now, and wait to see if leveling the RV and having it on shore power gets the frig working properly.

In the mean time, you should check the battery (or batteries??) for a full charge. I doubt your truck can "charge" the battery while in tow...best case it it maintain them. If you're running the frig while towing, then I think you're in a negative battery charge situation. You can help this with a solar setup on the roof or adding performance batteries like Trojan.

There is a reset switch for the inverter to charge the battery. Let's see if the battery is getting a full charge while being plugged in, before we start down that path.