New 3685RL Entertainment System

PeternLiane

My 2012 Big Country Gold came with the genesis piece of junk. No hdmi and not a blue ray. Im thinking of buying a samsung system and trying to remove the genesis. I just have to figure out how to get the genesis out. It ticks me off I cant play sound from tv through my ceiling speakers.

We have the same issue. How or where could you buy a new system that would work with the TV and ceiling speakers? I don't remember seeing new systems out there.

PeternLiane

We have the same issue. How or where could you buy a new system that would work with the TV and ceiling speakers? I don't remember seeing new systems out there.

Is there a way to get the TV sound through the ceiling and outside speakers through the current system?

Swanny59

Hi Dave,

I sent off an email to the address you referenced just before Christmas. I had found that same information from the ESTONE website. Just waiting for a response.

If I get a response I will post the manual in the manual section. It sounds ok and all of the functions are working. It has a setting for sub-woofer volume but the unit did not come with a sub. Would like to see the wiring diagram for the audio outputs...

Thank You for the response,

Bobby A

In my last rig I bought what you call Home Theatre in a box, that was my 2nd time buying a packaged system and have been very pleased with the matching up of components and speakers in this system. That being said, I should of never sold my Bose system in my home before we went full time.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
In my last rig I bought what you call Home Theatre in a box, that was my 2nd time buying a packaged system and have been very pleased with the matching up of components and speakers in this system. That being said, I should of never sold my Bose system in my home before we went full time.

Bobby, never had a Bose, are they that much better than a good package system??

danemayer

Attached manual for EX8500 DVD

I've attached the EX8500 manual. Here's contact info if further help is needed.
QVA
Patrick Industries Inc.
1930 W. Lusher Ave
Elkhart, IN 46517
Electronics Sales Technical Support
Nelson Arzadon
arzadonn@patrickind.com
(574) 970-8348

Attachments

• EX8500DVD user manual.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 221

tcfake613

Is there a way to get the TV sound through the ceiling and outside speakers through the current system?

There is a way, as long as you have an audio out connection on your TV and an audio in connection on your receiver. My parents have a 2011 BH 3055 and I hooked theirs up to do this. Theirs came with a nice Panasonic surround receiver though... So it was easy.

BobFields

Hello All,

I just found my way to your forum and would like to introduce myself to you as I believe I can be of some assistance regarding our entertainment systems. My name is Bob Fields and I am Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Concertone Entertainment Systems. I have been with the company for about 18 months and I can tell you these latest products are the best we have made and I would ask you to judge these systems on their merit and your experience with them directly.

I am excited that Heartland is carrying these products and that I can speak with you directly through this Forum regarding their capabilities, installation options and support as necessary. I will attempt to answer any questions and clarify any capabilities as I see them here.

PLEASE feel free to contact me directly at the phone number or email address listed in my signature for any issue and ESPECIALLY if your request is urgent. I will more than likely see that faster than the forums posts.

I will go back and answer some of the questions in this thread and look forward to our future conversations.

Lastly, being new here and not knowing who the Moderators are yet I would ask the Moderators to please contact me directly to pass on any tips or suggestions in my communications.

Thanks!

BobFields

tcfake613,

As you may have seen in my intro, I am very excited to see that Heartland is utilizing our products. I can also understand that with your 2007 Cedar Creek, you probably had one of our older systems and while I was not around during that time, I understand there were a few issues then. That said, neither of our new systems is even resembles the internals of your old system. The mounting hole size may be the same, but that is about it!

From a capabilities standpoint, I only see you questioning the TV HDMi utilization. The upgrade GT3.0 has HD Video capability and it is my understanding Heartland is indeed utilizing HDMi Cables to connect.

Lastly, the GT2 & GT3 are the ONLY RV Entertainment Systems with BlueTooth Capability so you can make handsfree calls from your RV AND Stream Music from your Bluetooth enabled MP3 Players, iPods or smart phones! Every consumer we speak to or demonstrate the feature to LOVES it! How about listening to your hometown sports station to listen to the game while you are traveling - wouldn't that be great? Well you can do that with your iPhone or smart phone directly over your entertainment system!

I just ordered a 3685. It appears... from the photos I'm seeing... that Heartland has decided to go to Concertone systems from the Jensens they've been using recently. Does anyone have a fairly new unit that can confirm this? If so this is pretty disappointing. I will call the factory this week to confirm. I absolutely do not want a Concertone system and can't believe they are going to these from Jensen.

I may ask to have the system deleted completely so I can install my own system.

Another question I have... if the factory guys are reading this, is why do they not use the HDMI capabilities of the TVs they are installing? The Concertone system being installed in the new units does not even have an HDMI output so it needs to be connected to the TV with RCA jacks. The video quality using this type of hookup is extremely poor compared to HDMI.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

BobFields

TANDT,

They have indeed improved and they have capabilities no one else has. The problem with forums or the Internet in general is someone can post something like "concert junk" and it never goes away. I have no problem with that, I just wish people would look at the original date and what the current activity is. When I first started 18 months ago, I was on some forums everyday. Today, I go to forums and see minimal activity and way more positive reviews (due to these newer products and our proactive support). Hopefully, our new products get experienced and judged on their own accord.

All the best,

Hopefully the Concertone's have been improved. (On several forums, people refer to them as "Concertjunk".)
In an SOB I had several years ago, I had the Concertone unit replaced twice in 2 years, due to malfunction. (Total 3 units in 2 years!)
If you are able to, I would delete it and save money. Put your own in.
The Jensen is better, but I was disappointed that it does not have a subwoofer output. Trace

BobFields

TANDT, our systems are the only ones available with true 5.1 surround sound and now they are the only ones with Bluetooth as well.

Buying a Bighorn is what we did also, but they switched gears and we got the subpar Jensen model.
The one we looked at when we ordered, had a Sharp system, which included 5.1 surround and a subwoofer.

I believe Jensen makes one with a surround and subwoofer, but it is not the one we got. Trace

BobFields

RADMAN1420, WHy is it a "piece of junk"? I totally understand if it is broke or does not do what it stated to do, but because it does not have the capabilities you list does not make it "junk"

The GT2.0 does indeed have audio inputs, so you can reconfigure the tv to run through it via RCA, Optical or Digital COAX Cables.

In order to remove a GT2.0 from the wall, you must remove the two side panels that come right off if you pull them straight out. Then there are a could screws on each side holding the unit in the wall.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Best regards,
My 2012 Big Country Gold came with the genesis piece of junk. No hdmi and not a blue ray. Im thinking of buying a samsung system and trying to remove the genesis. I just have to figure out how to get the genesis out. It ticks me off I cant play sound from tv through my ceiling speakers.

BobFields

TCFAKE613, I wish I had got here a week earlier, I would have guaranteed your system personally. Good luck!

I finalized my specs with the factory this week. My coach is scheduled to be built in mid January. I am deleting the Genesis unit and have them install the speakers and wiring. Am having HDMI run from entertainment cabinet to TV as well as a fiber optic cable so I can run TV sound through my system. I am going to purchase a home surround receiver and bluray player.... Probably Denon, Pioneer or Yamaha.

Wish I could get a job designing A/V systems for RV manufacturers, cuz they don't get it!

ChopperBill

Betcha you wouldn't get the vice president of marketing from Denon, Pioneer or Yamaha give you a personal reply.
Bob Fields gets and attaboy from me. Way to go Bob!

tcfake613

Mr. Fields,

Your response is much appreciated. Please understand that in the past many of us have had such a poor experience with these systems that the reputation follows along for a quite some time. I applaud your efforts to change that reputation. In fact, your repsonses are so postitive and refreshing that I may consider one of your units. My interest would be in the ZX800 since the lower end ZX85 only does Dolby 2.1 and does not support HDMI... at least that is what I am reading. The Bighorn unit that I ordered did not come with the ZX800 but instead had the ZX85.

I guess I hear what you are saying is 1) that your quality control has been much improved and 2) your customer service has also greatly improved. I agree with ChopperBill that it is quite impressive of you to take the time to respond to our issues and correct mistakes that were made before your tenure with the company.

I notice Crutchfield is reselling your product (there's a lot to be said for that since I consider them to be a very respectful company).

The compactness of your system, the Bluetooth, and feature set are all to be commended and is really what I am looking for. Based on your response here on this forum, I will definitley check it out!

I do have one question. Can you confirm an optical digital input on the ZX800?

Thanks again and kudos to you for your effort to get Concertone on track!

BobFields

Re: Attached manual for EX8500 DVD

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the initial responses!

I do not run away from our past, it is what it is but it also includes the fact that we have been doing this for almost 14 years. I can only control what we are doing now and we are working hard to not only to be the best, but to offer features no one else does. This is why folks are so excited about our newest products. The Bluetooth feature has been a huge hit!

Both the GT2.0 (ZX85) & GT3.0 (ZX800) have Digital Optical & Digital Coax inputs!

Also remember when you are talking to your sales people and factory Reps, these systems are called Genesis Technologies and the models are GT2 & GT3 respectively! The GT series is the Factory Installed Equipment (OEM) and the ZX Series is the Aftermarket products. This will be the last time I call them ZX as it will only be confusing.

If anyone wants to check out the manuals, please email me directly.

Keep the questions coming!

Best regards,

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Just a follow up. Just had a conversation with Bob Fields about my GT3.0 and he gave me several things to check on my system to get rid of the "tinny" sound. Heartland is a new manufacutrer for them but they have worked with Forest River on achieve a good sound from their system.

I will post back what I find.

I would like to point out that this type of personal service is remarkable.

Swanny59

I've attached the EX8500 manual. Here's contact info if further help is needed.
QVA
Patrick Industries Inc.
1930 W. Lusher Ave
Elkhart, IN 46517
Electronics Sales Technical Support
Nelson Arzadon
arzadonn@patrickind.com
(574) 970-8348

Hi Dan!

Thank you for posting this manual. I appreciate the download. I never received a response to the email I sent to the referened address.