New 3685RL Entertainment System

rbfdclark

I know I'm coming in a little late here, but we just took ownership of a 3685RL and yes it has a GT2 in it. It does sound tinny and when I put a dvd in to see how it played, it played the disk in black and white, color was gone!!! Went into the menu and tried to change settings, menu disappeared and I can't get it back and it won't play movies any more... So, I can use it as a radio since it is already tied into all the speakers in the trailer... I went out today and bought and installed a Samsung sound bar with a wireless sub woofer and a Blu ray player... What a HUGE difference... I will have the GT 2 looked at when I take the trailer in for minor warranty work, but it definately will not be my primary movie player... My old Alfa came with a full 5.1 surround system tied into the TV... I really like the Bighorn so far, but when you spend the dollars these Heartland trailers cost, why are inferior stereo/ dvd players installed?

BobFields

Couple things...

There is a fix I can send you for the menu display if you want to email me at bfields@aridiantech.com

You were correct in assuming a setup to correct the black and white output that I can send to you when you request the above.

Once you get your GT2 to work again, why don't you try running the RCA Low Level Output from it to your sound bar and powered sub woofer. I guarantee you will find the same great sound. What you improved was the speaker system primarily. You can hardly compare the 3" speakers that came with your coach with what you added. It is apples and oranges.

That said, your frustration is noted, but please consider the whole system in you analysis as I could install a system with a GT2 as the source and you would be just as impressed.

rbfdclark

Thanks Bob for getting back to me and I sent you an email. I don't want to go on bashing your product, it is a great setup for the entry level and mid level trailers, not from just Heartland but from all manufactures... But when you buy a higher end coach or trailer that you pay quite a bit more for, the speaker set up alone should be of a high quality home based system... When someone comes to visit you in your coach and they hear the sound that comes from these speakers, to me personally I'm embarrassed. There has to be replacements for them???

Janstang

Have to agree with Rbfdclarks comment.. We just received our 2013 3300CK and upon turning this stereo(GT2) system on was very unimpressed. After playing with multiple settings I actually pulled the stereo just to confirm no subwoofer was present. Sure enough, open wires. To top it off in order to run a powered sub it looks like I'll need $30 in adapters from my local stereo shop just to run the aftermarket powered subwoofer I wasn't expecting to need. If there would have been an "upgrade" on the options list I gladly would have ordered it.

rbfdclark

Hey Bob Fields,
I have sent a couple emails to you about getting a fix for my problem on my GT2... No response... Could you please send it to me so I can see if I can fix this thing...
rbfdclark@gmail.com
Thanks,

Clark Carney

BobFields

Have to agree with Rbfdclarks comment.. We just received our 2013 3300CK and upon turning this stereo(GT2) system on was very unimpressed. After playing with multiple settings I actually pulled the stereo just to confirm no subwoofer was present. Sure enough, open wires. To top it off in order to run a powered sub it looks like I'll need $30 in adapters from my local stereo shop just to run the aftermarket powered subwoofer I wasn't expecting to need. If there would have been an "upgrade" on the options list I gladly would have ordered it.

You would only need adapters if you purchased a sub woofer that cannot take high level (or speaker level) inputs. Many of today's powered subs are capable of that. In addition we have a passive sub woofer that is designed to work with the unit and is less than $60 - http://www.concertone.com/box4.html