New 3800 owner....

Macyak

Ordered a 2014 3800 and just got word it is at the dealer and will pick it up on Friday August 30th. Cant wait to get it and take the first trip in it.

danemayer

Hi macyak,

Congratulations on your new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'll bet Friday can't come fast enough.

Be sure to take your time on the walk-through. You might want to have someone videotape it. There's a lot to remember and you'll benefit from being able to watch it later to refresh your memory.

Check everything out. Make sure you understand all the controls. Check the tank dump handles - there've been a few get out the door without labels.

Most of all - enjoy!

scottyb

Ordered a 2014 3800 and just got word it is at the dealer and will pick it up on Friday August 30th. Cant wait to get it and take the first trip in it.

Congratulations on your new Cyclone. You are going to love it. We always can't wait to get back on the road again. Post some photos after you get it.

I'll be passing through OK this week heading to MO on Thu. There are some good PDI procedures posted on this site. Make the dealer go through every single system including the black tank flush line. They do not get pressure tested becuase they are open on one end.

conradsteph

Enjoy your new Cyclone. We have the same model and year. Love it!
There is some great advice here on this forum.
Along with the monster list of items they will go through with you, make sure you get some good "hands on" during our walk thru. Check the stuff out for your self. Open and close awnings. Open and close doors and drawers. Check out the av system. Make sure speakers are hooked up correctly. Make sure water gets hooked up and doesnt leak. Check out the level system (if you have one) and work it yourself. Check the AC's out. Check out the slides. There are a few unmarked switches- find out what they are. And a few hidden outlets. And last but not least, get on the roof to figure out whats up there. Our dealer offered for us to stay in it overnight before we took delivery. Good luck!

Macyak

Thanks for all of the advice. I have learned a lot of good stuff on here so far. I plan on taking my time with the pdi. Friday can't get here soon enough.