New 4100 King owner - washer dryer question

ptysonjr

Just ordered the new 4100 King today. We are new to Heartland. We previously had a small tent, then a bigger tent, a Coleman pop-up, a Forest River Salem, a Carriage Cameo and a Redwood. I am finally getting my dream coach:).

I have one quick question. Will my stackable washer and dryer fit in the provided closet or will I have to sell and get a combo unit. I currently have the Whirlpool units that are the same size as the Splendid's.

One other note. We actually are getting what the Cyclone Rep is calling a 2014 1/2. It comes with all LED interior lighting, except for the halogens over the couch and all stainless appliances. Not sure exactly what the other changes are but I guess we will find out soon enough.

Excited about the support of this site as well. Never seen this with the other brands.

jimtoo

Hi ptysonjr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Sounds like your getting some great upgrades. I think your stackables will fit, but I''m sure some of our other family will jump in soon to let us know for sure.

Join us at a rally when you can and enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Check out post's # 20 & 21 of THIS THREAD.
I think you will find some useful information there.

Peace
Dave

ramdually4100king

It will be a tight fit height wise. If you don't want a drain pan a stackable should slide in. The drain pan is too large for the floor space provided. A platform needs to be installed so the pan can rest flat and that takes up about 4" of height that a stackable requires.

RobP

It can be done. We are very close to ordering our new 4100 and that was one of my questions to our dealer. He installs the stackable units just about on every unit he sells. You have to modify the cabinet by cutting the top board and putting it on a hinge so the unit will fit. Looks good installed he showed us one that he did.

LNG

Just ordered the new 4100 King today. We are new to Heartland. We previously had a small tent, then a bigger tent, a Coleman pop-up, a Forest River Salem, a Carriage Cameo and a Redwood. I am finally getting my dream coach:).

I have one quick question. Will my stackable washer and dryer fit in the provided closet or will I have to sell and get a combo unit. I currently have the Whirlpool units that are the same size as the Splendid's.

One other note. We actually are getting what the Cyclone Rep is calling a 2014 1/2. It comes with all LED interior lighting, except for the halogens over the couch and all stainless appliances. Not sure exactly what the other changes are but I guess we will find out soon enough.

Excited about the support of this site as well. Never seen this with the other brands.

The more I read, the more I realize I made a good choice with the 4100 King! I looked real hard at Redwood RV 39HH toy hauler until I found they were all sold and when I talked to the rep at the show, he said they will not be building anymore toy haulers... two strikes for Crossroads now. I did like my Crossroads Rushmore, but this Cyclone fits my needs so much better. Mine also is 2014.5 and although I have not been out in it yet, I did set it up at the house and ran it off of the Onan. Rather awesome machine!

Tony

ptysonjr

It can be done. We are very close to ordering our new 4100 and that was one of my questions to our dealer. He installs the stackable units just about on every unit he sells. You have to modify the cabinet by cutting the top board and putting it on a hinge so the unit will fit. Looks good installed he showed us one that he did.

Im sitting outside right now overlooking the lake and enjoying the sunshine

yqunu4u7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

pcardoza

We took delivery of our 4100 King yesterday! Part of our deal was an installed stacked W/D. It's in, but barely. They had to cut a hole out in the top panel of the closet for access to the dryer dial control. They did a great job with the modification and our first loads last night worked like a dream! So much better than the combo unit we had in our previous unit!

jimtoo

Hi pcardoza,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Glad you had a good experience with your new Cyclone's washer/dryer.

Please join us at a rally when you can. You will meet lots of great folks and eat some really fine food.

Enjoy your Cyclone and the forum.

Jim M

Wk15

Does anyone any pictures of this "modifying the cabinet by cutting the top board and putting it on a hinge so the unit will fit" procedure?

Thank You

Tallyrver

I installed a washer dryer Stack in my Gateway last month. Here is the link .

wayne
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/45000-Dryer-vent-install-in-Gateway-3650bh?highlight=