New 4100 toilet question

Atvmos

I am thinking I may have a vent issue in the main bathroom. When we flush the toilet a bubble comes up first then water and everything else goes down. Problem is the stench goes into the bathroom for a bit. I have the tank valves closed and there does not seem to be a clog in the plumbing. Anyone else have this issue ? Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mind did that when there was a clog in the drain.
You said "does not seem to be a clog", are you sure?

Peace
Dave

Atvmos

Tanks empty. Just spent 1 hour and did 3 tank flushes. Still getting the bubble that pops up and then the smell. The smell is still there just slightly less. I will go get tank deodorizer tomorrow and see if that helps. This is just the 3rd trip with this new camper. How would I check the vent system?

pcardoza

Get up on the roof and check to make sure the roof vent is clear. Maybe something built a nest in it! Sure sounds like your vent is somehow plugged.

Atvmos

Thanks for all the suggestions. Turns out that the line going to the tank from toilet was clogged in the turn going to black tank. I was told this was due to low water volume being used with every flush. I found a lowes near campground and bought a manual snake and very carefully cleared the line..then redumped and washed black tank again....