New Arizona Chapter and Chapter Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Congrats Garry!
Will be leaving Arizona (Yuma) shortly and headed to Oregon, but will be back next winter.
I hope we can meet up again.
[Bret & Sandy: Hey sorry we missed each other this year. we are planning on two rally's next year, one around Late Jan or Feb and one in the fall...I hope you will join us for the winter rally. It won't be that far from where you are hanging your winter hat. Be safe, Dakota misses Sara..needs someone smaller than her to herd..Take care Garry]

Doublegranch

How about a Arizona Chapter Meet and Greet at the Southeast Arizona Wine Growers Festival April 12 & 13th. We can do one day or both if the interest is strong enough. This is an annual event including a huge Chilli cook off each year. All revenue for the Chilli cook off goes to Charity. There will be 20 Wine growers represented this year from across the State. Last year, they had 1600 participants visit in the two day Festival.

I will host a hour get together at my ranch prior to going over to the Festival, which is less than a mile away. My ranch is surrounded by vineyards located in the Wine Capital of Arizona, Elgin AZ. I will have complete details on the meet and greet portal.
The event will be located at Kief-Joshua Vineyards 370 Elgin Rd, Elgin AZ. This is a super event and they will have a great food court, live music all day, both days and the chilli cook off from vendors that travel all over the United States for this event.
I am working on discounts for any member of the Heartland Club that would like to purchase bottles of wine from the local vendors. I have contacted a few today and they will give us an average of 10% off each bottle of wine, which represents you get the case price per bottle without having to buy a case. The cost of this event is $20 each and will include approximately 15 wine tastings. The event will be from 11 AM to 5 PM each day, Saturday and Sunday.

Let me know what you think....I am still planning on two additional meet and greets for the AZ Chapter, hopefully in March in the Tucson and Phoenix area. I will be securing that in the next couple of weeks.
All you Heartland Snow Birds,,,come join us. We will have a dedicated table and if our banner arrives it will be posted as well.
Garry AZ Chapter Leader

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Sounds really great and I wish Kelly and I could make it all the way down to Elgin Arizona. Have a great time and way to step up!!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Garry, congratulations on taking over the new Arizona chapter. Have fun with it and don't hesitate to ask for help if needed.

Doublegranch

Garry, congratulations on taking over the new Arizona chapter. Have fun with it and don't hesitate to ask for help if needed.

[You offer is very kind and I will take you up on it...I see in your profile we have something in common. While I was with a major airlines, I also was a training SGT for the LA Sheriff in the Reserve program. We may have some stories to swap.]

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'm sure we will... There are lots and lots of ex cops on the forum and in the club.

Mrsfish

Garry - please count on Rick and I for attending your meet and greet in Elgin. I hope this is the right way to do this- correct me if there's a better way.

Doublegranch

Your Good!!!! Got you down Ann....By the way, my appointment on Friday is 8:30 am....so I will hit the RV dealer after that and let you know if it is a go...Shooting for March..
Garry

BandK

Kathy and I will do our best to make it to Elgin. Love the area. Glad you have started an AZ chapter. Count us in!

Doublegranch

Kathy and I will do our best to make it to Elgin. Love the area. Glad you have started an AZ chapter. Count us in!
[Thank you Bob & Kathy....if it isn't imposing, could you please go to the meet and greet link and also place you confirmation there as well.. I think that will get members to sign up there and I won't have to keep two different lists from two blogs...I really appreciate it...thanks so much....this is going to be a super day.... Garry.....also some have asked about RV sites close, about 10 miles from the ranch is a very nice RV resort, I will get the info pricing etc and post it on the meet and greet link]

Doublegranch

For the members asking about RV spaces close to the AZ meet and Greet....aka AZ Wine Growers Festival...I have information on two Resorts:
Quail Ridge RV Resort....520 456 9301 2207 North Yucca Dr, Hauchuca CIty, AZ 85616...Cost is $20 per night and $3 extra for Electrical. This is a nice Resort and about 10 miles from the ranch or Wine Festival.
2nd: Mountain View RV Park..99 West VIsta Lane Hauchuca CIty AZ 85616 520 456 2860...they were closed when I arrived and not sure of the pricing. They are located behind Hauchuca City RV Center...
I think I like the Quail Ridge Resort a little better, but both are nice...

Hope this helps you out...if any further questions, just fire away....Hope to see you all in Elgin....I was bottling wine at Kief JOshua Vineyards today and bottled about 75 cases...I know this is going to be a super day...

Garry

TXTiger

What are the dates for your meet and greet?

For the members asking about RV spaces close to the AZ meet and Greet....aka AZ Wine Growers Festival...I have information on two Resorts:
Quail Ridge RV Resort....520 456 9301 2207 North Yucca Dr, Hauchuca CIty, AZ 85616...Cost is $20 per night and $3 extra for Electrical. This is a nice Resort and about 10 miles from the ranch or Wine Festival.
2nd: Mountain View RV Park..99 West VIsta Lane Hauchuca CIty AZ 85616 520 456 2860...they were closed when I arrived and not sure of the pricing. They are located behind Hauchuca City RV Center...
I think I like the Quail Ridge Resort a little better, but both are nice...

Hope this helps you out...if any further questions, just fire away....Hope to see you all in Elgin....I was bottling wine at Kief JOshua Vineyards today and bottled about 75 cases...I know this is going to be a super day...

Garry

Doublegranch

What are the dates for your meet and greet?

[Two Toes.....go to the Meet and Greet listing on the event page and you will see AZ-Elgin....it will show you the Wine Festival Meet and Greet. The other two have not been posted yet as I am still nailing the places down...The Wine Festival is April 12 & 13..our meet and greet will meet at my ranch for an hour on the 12th and then go over to the wine festival, about a mile away... Would love to have you join us....Garry]

Doublegranch

Hey AZ Chapter members....we now have 13 members signed up in our Chapter....Not bad in 4 days. This is very exciting as we are going to have lots of fun together. I have searched a few places for our first Rally and will continue to review more next week. One Resort gave me a super price of $15 per site, including all hook ups and taxes. Gave us free run to the club house with full kitchen and reserved for our group, should we decide on that location. Next week I will have a few more sites and we can select where everyone wants to go for our first Rally at our meet and greets. In the meantime, should you know of a great place, please email me.

Also so far we have 7 members signed up for our Meet and Greet with the AZ Wine Growers Festival. If you want to bring your RV and stay a few days, I revisited Quail Ridge this afternoon, Original posting is on the Meet and Greet site. Linda the lady that runs it will give us an additional break off the $20 posted on the web site. We have one RV so far that will be staying there.

If you have an AZ friend with a Heartland that is not yet joined our Chapter, be sure to encourage them to join.

See you soon..
Garry & Dakota My "Aussie" girl

Doublegranch

AZ Chapter Meet and Greet for the Tucson area will be posted this weekend. The lunch meeting will be held March 15 at 1 pm. Place, details, etc will be in the Meet and Greet Listings. All Heartland owners are invited.
Our New Chapter is growing and the members are excited to get to know each other.

Phoenix Meet and Greet should be finalized by the end of next week. I will be traveling up there to secure the location and review future Rally sites for this Fall.

Garry

Doublegranch

I just posted the final meet and greet location for the AZ Chapter for "2014". This will be our third location and we selected around the Phoenix area. Please go to the Meet and Greet portal and RSVP for the AZ Meet and Greets...One in Tucson, One in Phoenix area and the final at the AZ Wine Growers Festival in ELgin AZ. We had another member sign up in our Chapter last night, so we are still growing.

All Heartland Snow Birds in the area are most welcome to join us. It should be a lot of fun and we will have a 50/50 and other raffle as well.

See you there!! Garry

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

For anyone looking for Heartland Owners Meet and Greets - at the top of any forum page, click on Events, then scroll to the bottom of the list. Look for HOMG listings. In the example below, you will see the 3 AZ Meet and Greets and a few others. In the actual list, these are clickable links to the events.
Meet_and_Greets.jpg

Doublegranch

AZ Chapter update....I have finished my 4 day tour, looking at sites for our rally, confirming our meet and greets and it's good to be back at the ranch. Now it is time for us to make a decision on when and where we will hold our 2014 rally. We have a number of possibilities. Be sure to attend our AZ Meet and Greets with your ideas about our First Rally....I will offer a number of suggestions from my visits of various RV Resorts.

Don't forget to sign up for one or all the meet and greets. This is really exciting times in our new Chapter!! Looking forward to your participation and meeting everyone. We have a few Heartland SnowBirds joining us from Ontario, Texas and Oregon....Lets welcome them and any others with open arms....their attendance is highly appreciated.
Garry

Doublegranch

UPDATE on AZ Chapter Meet and Greets: I have obtained a few special prizes from a local Winery. The first certificate is for a Private Wine Tasting for 8 people, private showing and wine tour. The lucky winner will be able to invite their friends ( total of 8 in the party) to join them for a very special event. The value of this prize is $200. We will set up a progressive Raffle at all three Meet and Greets. Tickets sold for this prize will be at the meet and greet functions only, all money collected will go directly into the AZ Chapter fund, to be used for future prizes and rally events. The last Meet and Greet will start at my ranch and then proceed to the AZ Wine Festival where the owner of the Winery / Vineyard and Donator of this prize will draw the winning ticket. You do not have to be present to win. I will mail you the certificate. An information sheet will be attached with the winery phone number etc. You will need to call and make a reservation for your private Wine Tasting Party and showing / Tour. Heartland members may buy as many tickets as they would like. Each ticket will cost $5.00. Again this is a fund raiser for our Chapter to support our future events, giveaways and Heartland collateral support items. This will be the only fund raiser at the meet and greets.
Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.