New BH3260E

Jimnkarens

Wife and I have decided we want to order a 3260. Anyone out there have one? How has your experience been? Good things and bad things? Suggestions of options to order and to not order?
thanks,
karen&jim

jimtoo

I would suggest you add the double pane windows, up grade the tires for sure. Don't know what hitch you have in your tow vehicle,, but if standard type add the trail-air or what ever the factory is offering as an upgrade to the pinbox. Your dealer may say they can't do this,, but if they call a lot of things can be changed or ordered. A lot of folks are going with the residential fridge, but a few have had a problem... hopefully they will get the problem cured soon. Not sure but the 6 point leveling may be an automatic add on,,, if not get also.

Jim M

chckan50

We took delivery of a 2015 3160 EL in April. We ordered it from the factory to our specification and can't be happier with our choice.

We we ordered with the upgraded tires which I feel are a must. The 6-way leveling system is fantastic and well worth the rather hefty cost. We haven't had to use it yet but we did get the bedroom air conditioning unit. I know we will be glad we did come July and August.

We do a lot of tailgating in the fall and carry two 2,000 KW Honda generators. The Toy Lock is a great feature to keep them secure. We had it mounted on the driver's side of the RV so we can keep the generator noise as far away as possible.

We also ordered with the Theatre Seats. They are great for TV viewing and extremely comfortable.

We live in the Pacific Northwest and felt a need for the slide toppers. It is much more cost effective to have them installed at the factory than an install at a later time.

Also had the Winegard Traveller auto satellite dish installed that was on our previous Bighorn 3670. Love the ease of the system. We have TV in minutes.

Hope this helps.

Chuck Anderson
2008 Ford F-350 Powerstroke
2015 Bighorn 3160 EL

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Chuck,

Your Bighorn sounds simply amazing!! You should come to the Oregon Rally in Coos Bay the weekend of July 11th - 13th and/or our Washington Rally in Spokane on the weekend of July 25th to the 27th and show that beautiful new Bighorn around. Rallies are a great way of meeting like minded people and have a great time doing it. Check out the attached links to see the great stuff we have planned. Plus there is a large caravan of Heartland rigs traveling from the Oregon Rally to the Washington Rally. This summer is shaping up to be a blast!

if you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are a ton of great people on this forum with a lot of knowledge and experience and they are always willing to help out.

We hope to see you down the road Chuck.

Sincerely,

Rod Ditrich
Washington Chapter Leader
Heartland Owners Club

We took delivery of a 2015 3160 EL in April. We ordered it from the factory to our specification and can't be happier with our choice.

We we ordered with the upgraded tires which I feel are a must. The 6-way leveling system is fantastic and well worth the rather hefty cost. We haven't had to use it yet but we did get the bedroom air conditioning unit. I know we will be glad we did come July and August.

We do a lot of tailgating in the fall and carry two 2,000 KW Honda generators. The Toy Lock is a great feature to keep them secure. We had it mounted on the driver's side of the RV so we can keep the generator noise as far away as possible.

We also ordered with the Theatre Seats. They are great for TV viewing and extremely comfortable.

We live in the Pacific Northwest and felt a need for the slide toppers. It is much more cost effective to have them installed at the factory than an install at a later time.

Also had the Winegard Traveller auto satellite dish installed that was on our previous Bighorn 3670. Love the ease of the system. We have TV in minutes.

Hope this helps.

Chuck Anderson
2008 Ford F-350 Powerstroke
2015 Bighorn 3160 EL

Rod Ditrich

chckan50

Rod,

Thanks for the invite. We already have trips with the grandchildren planned during those dates but will keep tabs on future rallies.

Chuck

For20hunter

Hey Chuck,

If no one has told you about it yet, Heartland gives you a free 1 year membership to the Heartland Owners Club with the purchase of your new Bighorn. I would strongly urge you to take advantage of that and get the benefits of being a member. Here is the link for information on joining.

Rod Ditrich

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We ordered our new 3260 with enough options that it needed G rated tires to meet the weight specs. It came with Sailun G637 tires. I researched the tires and found not one complaint. Seems the Chinese factory meets IOS 9000 ratings and builds a great tire. Most all users say they will buy them as replacements when needed. A lot of Goodyear users are looking at them for the quality and lower price. I'm happy with both the 3260 and Heartland using the Sailun tires.

For20hunter

I have the factory Ford Reese hitch and love it. I had the Pull Rite in my prior truck and liked it as well, but this is so simple and love Ford's clean bed concept when the hitch is not in the truck.

Rod Ditrich

For20hunter

We ordered our new 3260 with enough options that it needed G rated tires to meet the weight specs. It came with Sailun G637 tires. I researched the tires and found not one complaint. Seems the Chinese factory meets IOS 9000 ratings and builds a great tire. Most all users say they will buy them as replacements when needed. A lot of Goodyear users are looking at them for the quality and lower price. I'm happy with both the 3260 and Heartland using the Sailun tires.

We purchased 17.5" Wheels and Goodyear G114 Tires along with a TST 507 TPMS when we got our Bighorn and strongly recommend them all. Definitely get ride of the Towmax tires if you did not order the upgraded wheels and/or tires. IMHO

Rod Ditrich

sengli

We have our 3260 for just under two years now. We camp around six weeks a year, so we arent full timers. Had some plumbing leaks here and there. Water pump was noisey from the get go, so recently replaced that. Compared to our other heartland fiver, the tanks drain slowly on this unit, but they do work. So far its good to go.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Our 2015 3260 also had a noisy water pump. I moved it and remounted it on PVC washers and stopped the noise.