New Big Horn Owner

:)My wife and I just bought a 2012 Big Horn Ti32. I have a friend in California who owns a Big Horn and he suggested that I join the Owners Club and hang around on the forum because there's a lot of smart people here and maybe I could learn something. And you know what? He's right. I've been reading some threads and one thing I learned is that tomorrow I'm going out to the trailer and check all my water connections to make sure they're tight!!! Might just head off some problems later. So far the rig is pretty cool. I love the 42" flat screen TV and my wife likes the built-in vacuum...and everything about the kitchen! Can't make the rally this year in Wyoming, but we're planning on attending in 2013. Unless, you know, that whole Mayan calendar thing actually happens.:confused:

jimtoo

Hi DougMilender,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Happy to hear you like your Big Horn and the forum. It's a good idea to check things out for yourself. It also gets you familiar with the layout of your unit so if you do have a problem it's easier to pinpoint. Check out the area for rallies and attend if you can. You will meet the best people and eat the best food.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

MTPockets

Besides the water connections, check the nut torque on wheels, axle u-bolts, and pin box .... All of mine were below torque. I've re-tightened the pin box nuts twice. The maintenance manuals tells you to check these and the torque settings and I've found out these do loosen with use.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new rig! if you can't make the North American in Wyoming consider our WA rally in July!

Best Wishes!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yup, you'll get smarter on this forum than you would sleeping in a Holiday Inn Express. ;)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. And yes ya will get smarter. Enjoy and travel safely.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Congrats!

I just talked to your friends today at the Northern CA rally. I'm glad to hear you are thinking about joining the club. If you can't make it to Gillette in June, followed bt WY first ever rally, maybe you can make WA rally and/or the regional rally in Oregon in August.

Regardless of which ones you may or may not get to, travel safe and check back often.

Kristy

Looks like we'll be headed to Oregon in August. My "old guy" friend says Seven Feathers is a nice place. We're looking forward to meeting some new friends. Does it rain in Oregon in August?:cool:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Not usually, unless we get a thunderstorm. It does usually get pretty warm in August.

We are looking forward to having you at the regional rally. Be sure to download the registration form and send it in as soon as you can. We are looking to get a count ready for the caterer.

See you then, and of course we would like for you to look into becoming a club member, though it isn't required to attend the rally.

Travel Safe!

Kristy