New Bighorn

JOnSU

Help! We are thinking of trading our 2009 Bighorn for a 3570RS or 3610RE. Any thoughts on either of these floorplans? Would definetly order the self leveling feature. 2 a/c. Is there an updgrade on the a/c? Recliners vs. the theater seating? Any advice on the ordering process? And any other features that would be worth adding? Also, in my BH there is a cubby hole in the stairs, if that has been discontinued would they put one in there if requested? Such a nice place to store things! Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. I will look forward to your comments! Thanks!

gebills

Hi JOnSU: I would expect that your question will bring many recomendations/comments. In so much as you're already an owner, you have a perception for areas most owners would like to change after their major RV purchase. If I had the opportunity to do the RV purchase over again, several items would hit the top of the list. Chanding the tires from the origional equipment (TowMax or other China mfg tires) to an upgrade would be a wise, safe move "before" it geets pulled off the sales lot. Another purchase many owners consider is as you mentioned; a hydraulic leveling system is at the top of many owners wish list. Many owners also feel the need for a disc brake conversion. I'm still on the fence with the drum versus disc brake thing. Given the choice, I would probably take the disc brakes, although I'm getting along well with the origional drum brakes with over 12,000 miles; almost seems like they're improving in the past 5,000 miles, matter of factly.... Other wish list items are mostly non-safety items like the furniture (wish we had bought the RV without the factory furniture) as I'm simply not pleased with the quality. Another thing, if doing the purchase over again, we would have the dual-pane windows put in versus the single pane windows we currently have. Consider your choices carefully, because once the 10's of thousands of dollars have been spent on your purchase, then your options generally come from an RV parts store after the RV sale at a higher price, if you can change them at all. A good example of an item that would be very difficult to change would be dual=pane windows. Happy trails with your decision.... gebills

JOnSU

Thanks so much gebills for all the info! I've read a lot about those tires! You've given us some things to think about. I better do some research. :)

Garypowell

On the 3010 I don't think they offer the storage area in the floor at the top of the stairs like in our 2009 3055. You now get a fairly small drawer built into the stairs.

We liked the old way as it had more room. With the drawer there the floor storage would not work. But there is enough dead space underneath if they would remove the drawer and do it for you.

Theresau

We just ordered a new unit and key items for us were the double door refrig, level ups, and dual AC in bedroom (which is now ducted). Other decision-maker was the standard mega bath shower.

We passed on the dual pane windows because of concern with extra weight. We haven't really had an issue with window fogging to date even when it got down to the 30's.