New Cyclone 3800 Owner

kfisher43

:eek: Just picked up new 3800 in Dallas. Have spent last few weeks reading Forum information and really made the trailer overview at Dealer productive with good questions, thanks for providing input.

On that note here is some information to share. We have the 2012 1/2 version of the Cyclone 3800 HD Fullthrottle Blue. TV is a 2011 Ford 350 Crewcab 6.7 longbed Lariat, no air bags..yet. We loaded the trailer primarily in the back garage with all our gear transferred from previous trailer. It pulled like a dream!! Little to No Chucking, even on rough roads. Made wife and daughter cringe when we went under a bridge at 13' 8", have had bad luck with tunnels in Mobile AL with other trailer.

Was amazed with how fast the landing gear took trailer off the truck. On set up the Propane regulator switcher does not show Red or Green, not sure if it is faulty, had hard time seeing at overview.

BLACK and Gray and BLACK and Gray That is how we now remember the dump handles. There are 4, 2 in front and 2 in back. We tested them and this is the configuration we found, from front to back 1st Black for front toilet 2nd Gray for front sink and shower 3rd handle Black for back toilet, 4th in back access is Gray for Kitchen sink and back bath room sink. Also noted the back sewer discharge is only for the Black tank in back. All other 3 tanks go to front sewer connection.

Thanks for all the help in researching our new trailer and look forward to learning and sharing.

Ken

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Kfisher43, welcome to the Heartland Family and Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to get and share information.
Have fun with your new Cyclone.

Peace
Dave

sJv

The propane indicator on these do not show a color when everything is good. They only show red when the appropriate tank is empty.

Congrats!

-steve

DW_Gray

Congratulations! Welcome to the family of Cyclone owners. I just saw your pic on Facebook, very nice and love the colors. I may not need to tell you this but I encourge you to take a lest 3-4 shake-down trips before the warranty expires. Amy and I look forward to meeting up with you sometime. Travel safe.

CabinetmakerII

KFisher43, Just stumbled across this post. We also have a 2012 3800 and had the same issue figuring out which dump valve did what. Not sure whey the factory does not label them. Being forgetful at times I did not want to rely on a simple formula like you provided. I opted to mark the gray tank dump valves with gray duct tape on the frame rail next to the dump handle. Now I just look to see which handle is for what. Oh ya, only took one trip to the dump station to figure out the rear sewer port is for black water only... not gray :eek:

Happy Camping! C U Round The Camp Fire (CURTCF!)

Cabinetmaker

BigJon

New to toyhauling and love it. MY13 Cyclone 3800. Agree with thread that the dump valves are black, grey, black, grey - sort of. Somewhere, I understood the front valve in the rear compartment (rear sewer outlet) to be combo black/grey of rear bathroom toilet/sink, and the rear valve in the rear compartment was the kitchen sink only (front sewer outlet). So the modified sequence would be black, grey, black/grey, grey? Comments?

Bksvo

So the modified sequence would be black, grey, black/grey, grey? Comments?
That's how mine is, as well. I always dump the rear tank first, so the hose can be better cleaned by the gray water from the front cleanout.

I also added a tank flush to the rear black/gray tank, and put the hose connection inside the handle compartment.