New Cyclone 3950 - No Hot Water

wiredawgchief

All,

We took delivery 2013 Cyclone 3950 HD on June 27th. Made first trip on July 3rd. No hot water, water manifold set to "city" water, and water heater fires up and stays lit. No hot water though. My wife is not happy taking cold showers. I beleive the water manifold may be improperly plumbed or there is a "bypass valve" on the back of the water heater that is bypassing. Any ideas?

Thanks, Ron

danemayer

Hi Wiredawgchief,

Congratulations on your new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Family and to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll find a lot of friendly and helpful people here who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise.

You can expect other Cyclone owners to chime in shortly regarding what might be causing your problem.

Let me suggest looking at the winterization levers. If they're set for winter storage, water bypasses the water heater. I'm not familiar with the Cyclone setup, but if you have a Universal Docking Center (UDC), with the water hookups and tank drain handles, it probably also has levers for winterization. There may also be a label nearby (perhaps on the inside of the door) with instructions.

robnmo

All,

We took delivery 2013 Cyclone 3950 HD on June 27th. Made first trip on July 3rd. No hot water, water manifold set to "city" water, and water heater fires up and stays lit. No hot water though. My wife is not happy taking cold showers. I beleive the water manifold may be improperly plumbed or there is a "bypass valve" on the back of the water heater that is bypassing. Any ideas?

Thanks, Ron

Our friend has a new Cyclone had the same problem, I checked and the water heater bypass valve was open, I closed it, and now he says you can cook lobsters in the shower. Check your by pass.

porthole

Retired
Check for 3 valves behind the water heater. You may have to remove several screws to take the panel down.

There should be a valve on the top and bottom of WH fittings and a valve "T'd" in between those two lines.

If the top valve is closed you will get no water into your heater and most likely have burned out the electric element.
If the bottom valve i closed you will not get water through the heater.

If the valve "T'd" in between the two lines is open and the other two valves are closed you will bypass the water heater.
If the valve "T'd" in between the two lines is open and the other two valves are also open you will get a mix of hot and cold water.