New from New York

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks. My name is Robert and my girlfriend (Michele) and I recently bought a North Trail 31QBSS. It is a new 2012 that was sent back to the factory for warranty work on the walls and we got a great price on it (well, we feel like we did). My girlfriend and I each have one child and one dog so we wanted a travel trailer with plenty of room so the kids can have fun during rainy days. So far we have used it twice these last two weekends and will be using it for the next 4 weekends as well. It has been a wonderful experience so far and the kids love it.

I've been reading through the board the last couple days and am amazed at the amount of information you guys have on here. I don't know how much I will post but if I feel I can contribute somewhere I will but for the most part I will be a lurker unless I encounter a problem I can't solve. So far the only thing we don't care for with the TT is the Touch Audio system. I am already looking to either add a DVD player separately or replace the entire Touch Audio unit. The remote is useless from anywhere but directly in front of it and the DVD is a hassle because you need to use the Touch Audio controls. The radio works decent most of the time so we could live with it as a pure stereo unit if we get a dedicated DVD player. Otherwise it will get swapped out completely, so if anyone has an opinion on what to look at to replace it I would like to hear from you. Thanks for your time

aatauses

Welcome to the forum---feel free to ask any questions and by all means do not be bashful about contributing. I am not a good one to ask about radios/tv---so I will not comment on that, but surly someone will have some experience.
Again, Welcome
al
currently in Graham, WA

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Robert_in_NY welcome the the forum and the Heartland Family. Hope you will have many years of fun with your "new-to-you" North Trail. Sounds like you are heading in the right direction by leaning on the forum for help with any questions you may have.

Why not take advantage of your free introductory membership in the Heartland Owners Club. We are a fun loving, kid friendly bunch! Join us at a rally and that is when your Heartland ownership really takes you to the next level! You will truly enjoy a rally and the new friends you will make!

oldmannj

I'll second what Debbie said and add where the next rallies are too. August is Woodbine Md. W/Mike & ann Walker. September along with the Hershey RV Show. W/ Jaimie & Ginger Walker, oh and just between you and I the REAL boss Madison. Last and least yours truly and my lovely bride Irene in October in Cape May, NJ . Come on out and have some fun on us !!!! ED. :angel:

Robert_in_NY welcome the the forum and the Heartland Family. Hope you will have many years of fun with your "new-to-you" North Trail. Sounds like you are heading in the right direction by leaning on the forum for help with any questions you may have.

Why not take advantage of your free introductory membership in the Heartland Owners Club. We are a fun loving, kid friendly bunch! Join us at a rally and that is when your Heartland ownership really takes you to the next level! You will truly enjoy a rally and the new friends you will make!

Ours is actually brand new, never been sold. The dealer sent it back after an issue with the side walls appeared. We are the first owners, the TT just was originally built as a 2012 model but has the 2013 color scheme after it was repaired (all new side walls and front and who knows what else).

I don't know if we will be able to make it to a rally but I will look into it. She works in the financial sector and I farm so we usually can't plan too far ahead for weekend excursions. August is when things slow down for me till September so August is the only month we can plan ahead for (well, except for winter but I don't know if we will do much camping then). We are looking forward to spending as much time visiting places as our schedule allows and hopefully we will meet other members from on here along the way.