New Garmin nuvi 700 series GPS

sjrellis

I had ordered one from J & H also. When the 650 from Costco was posted, I ordered it. After it came in, I cancelled the order from J & H. Dh will not need to know I tried to get the latest one for him.;)

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Garmin GPS - Got It !!!

Well, we received our new Garmin Nuvi 750 GPS this evening via UPS. ;)
We ordered it last Saturday and it shipped Monday via second day air UPS. Much Kudos goes to MegaGPS for the excellent order response and great price on the unit, plus good price on shipping. Check out their Web Site:

http://www.megagps.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1416

I got the City Navigator NT North America software installed on our computer and managed to figure out how to get the software Unlock code thing done. We hadn't ordered the optional AC charge cord so I just used the supplied USB cable to get the battery charged. It does come with a vehicle DC power/charging cable, but it's below freezing here with 2" of snow on the ground and more coming. I didn't feel like messing with the GPS in the truck outside.

Turned it on in the house and was amazed to find it locked on with all the signal strength bars lit up ! It does have a good sensitivity receiver. Played with the suction cup GPS mount on our glass French Doors to the computer room, and it really holds. Getting familiar with all the settings and how to get started with setting up some sample routes. It's VERY easy to figure things out just using the controls on the unit. I'm impressed so far......

Fired up the Mapsource program on the computer and will have to spend some time getting familiar with the software. The main reason we decided on the nuvi 750 was to be able to create/edit routes on our Laptop and load them into the Garmin, also to be able to save/store them. For most users I think they would find it much easier to set up their trips on the GPS.

Best wishes to all for a Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving...........:)

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
December 2007 Trailer Life does an article 17 Top GPS Units. Thought it might be a help to some.
regards
Wayne