New here and have a tv question

GeneF

First time posting on this board so please bear with me if I am in the wrong place.

Discovered the board when I went to the Heartland Home page and this looked interesting.

I purchased a 2013 North Trail 26RLSS Caliber on the spur of the moment. Never Never camp between two RV dealers. Actually DW and I have been considering this model for a few months.

My question is is what is the make and size of the TV that comes with the trailer? I have a Haier 24 inch and I have never heard of this brand?

Can anyone share what they got for a TV?

Thanks and I hope to explore this board more once we get off of our trip next month.

Thanks for any help

danemayer

Hi Gene,

Welcome to the Heartland Family and to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share what they've learned while RV'ing.

While other North Trail owners will likely respond soon, be aware that Heartland may change vendors now and again without notice. So other owner TVs may not be always be the same as yours. I'd suggest calling Heartland Customer Service to find out what was shipped from the factory on your unit. 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # ready.

GeneF

Hi Gene,

Welcome to the Heartland Family and to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share what they've learned while RV'ing.

While other North Trail owners will likely respond soon, be aware that Heartland may change vendors now and again without notice. So other owner TVs may not be always be the same as yours. I'd suggest calling Heartland Customer Service to find out what was shipped from the factory on your unit. 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # ready.

Thanks for the info. I had planned on calling them in the morning. I posted this more to verify what was supposed to be right.

A 26 inch Tv as standard equipment. Have a problem with my dealer and I wanted to see if other people got the 26 incher.

pegmikef

They must have really changed the NT 26LRSS. I have the 2011 model and it came with a Jensen 19 inch TV which I replaced with a 22 inch Sylvania. There is no way that a 24 inch, let alone a 26 inch, television would fit in the space provided. See picture (sorry about the quality).

Attachments

• nttv.JPG
    nttv.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 64

pegmikef

Yep, just looked at HL site and they really changed the 2013 NT so it looks like it would easily accommodate a 26 inch TV. . . and they got rid of that Touch Audio junk. I am envious, but I wonder where they moved the electrical panel. I really like the location in the hallway and the fact that you can access all the electrical by removing the bedroom drawers.

GeneF

They must have really changed the NT 26LRSS. I have the 2011 model and it came with a Jensen 19 inch TV which I replaced with a 22 inch Sylvania. There is no way that a 24 inch, let alone a 26 inch, television would fit in the space provided. See picture (sorry about the quality).

There is a bit of a difference. Your TV sets up high and appears to be inside a fram. My tv is lower with no casing. The 26 inch tv fits. Since the tv is lower, they put a small cabinat above the tv. It looks like the lower cabinat is about the same except yours looks a bit taller.

GeneF

Yep, just looked at HL site and they really changed the 2013 NT so it looks like it would easily accommodate a 26 inch TV. . . and they got rid of that Touch Audio junk. I am envious, but I wonder where they moved the electrical panel. I really like the location in the hallway and the fact that you can access all the electrical by removing the bedroom drawers.

The electric panel is on the wall beneath the closet in the bedroom. Very easy access, just flip the front panel to get to the electical stuff.

GeneF

Problem is solved. Evidently the trailer was shipped from the factory with a tv in it. I checked on this. The tv was stolen. Dealer told me that there was no tv and that they sometimes ship the trailers with the tv mounts.

Anyway, with a little sleuthing, I found out the truth. Dealer took out the 24 inch Haier and put in a 26 inch Vizio. I also got a couple of hundred dollars back on the price since I had negotiated for having the tv put in.

Kind of a process I didn't want to go through but I think I came out okay in the end.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Gene, where did the Haier come from? The dealer put in a smaller tv and tried to claim it was original?

Sorry you had to point out this issue to them, but glad you received a good solution in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeneF

I think the Visio is a much better TV. You got a better deal. Good job, keep them honest..

BC

Had to keep them honest on some other things as well.

Amazing but the 2 inch difference makes a big difference in viewing from the chairs as they are a distance from the tv.

I like the Vizio. I have one in my home also.

GeneF

Gene, where did the Haier come from? The dealer put in a smaller tv and tried to claim it was original?

Sorry you had to point out this issue to them, but glad you received a good solution in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dealer didn't claim it was original, that was the one one that they decided to put in. I had to point out to them that it should have been a 26 inch tv and that I would prefer an LG or Vizio. Got the Vizio and I am happy with it.

Since we were camping next door, they came to the trailer and took the 24 inch out and put the 26 inch in.