New Landmark Newport Owner - it's finally here! PDI advice anyone?

JBoyerinAbq

We are excited - our Newport is here in town and we have our PDI scheduled for middle of next week. We traded our diesel pusher and are very excited about moving to a 5th wheel. The Landmark had our attention from the first time we saw one.

We downloaded Oregon Campers PDI checklist and have scoured the forums for any tidbits. I'd like to hear, from anyone willing to share, what kinds of things they found on their PDI's so I can make sure I'm tuned in!

I've seen lots of issues about coax being loose or connections backwards - both cable and satellite. What else is often found during PDI's?

Thanks to the members of this forum for some great info. I've been lurking for months.

Jeff

danemayer

Hi JBoyerinAbq,

Congratulations on the new Landmark 365 and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Take your time on the PDI. Sometimes it's helpful to have someone else video the walkthrough. It's a lot to take in and you can probably benefit from reviewing the video.

Since you've been lurking, you're probably aware of the Landmark 365 User Guide and our other guides.

Also, since you're in New Mexico, you'll want to check out the Heartland Owners Club along with the rallies and other get togethers in the Mountain Region. There's a lot going on where you can meet other owners and have a great time.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Pay close attention to what Dan said after Congratulations and Welcome...TAKE YOUR TIME.

Don't let the dealer make you feel like you're wasting their time. If you find some things that are more than you may want to deal with yourself DON'T accept delivery with the idea of bringing it back later. Frequently you'll have far more trouble getting things taken care of after you pull the rig off the lot.

I don't mean to sound negative but you are making a big investment...be sure everything is the way you dreamed it would be.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Hi Jeff & Joan,

Welcome to the Heartland family and the Mountain Region. As Dan said the Heartland Owners Club is a place make new friends and share and gather information on your new unit. There is a New Mexico rally in Albuquerque May 5th-8th and we would like to have you join us there if possible.

Gregg

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congratulations on your new Landmark and welcome to the Forum. Trace

donr827

Pay close attention to what Dan said after Congratulations and Welcome...TAKE YOUR TIME.

Don't let the dealer make you feel like you're wasting their time. If you find some things that are more than you may want to deal with yourself DON'T accept delivery with the idea of bringing it back later. Frequently you'll have far more trouble getting things taken care of after you pull the rig off the lot.

I don't mean to sound negative but you are making a big investment...be sure everything is the way you dreamed it would be.

X2 If they are waiting for you to sign and pay they will fix any issues very quickly.
Don

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
It took me 3 days to complete my PDI. So TAKE YOUR TIME and check EVERYTHING out. And don't be afraid to pull the basement bulkhead wall to check for leaks and stuff. Water leaks are your biggest enemy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

.....And don't be afraid to pull the basement bulkhead wall to check for leaks and stuff. Water leaks are your biggest enemy.

This great advise. I'd go one step more and ask the dealer to go ahead and remove this for you ahead of time....then allow them to put it back. :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This great advise. I'd go one step more and ask the dealer to go ahead and remove this for you ahead of time....then allow them to put it back. :)

Our dealer did have the wall removed. While looking, we found the pump was leaking (about a tablespoon sized puddle). A fitting was tightened, and it was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk