New Landmark owner - water leak in basement...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Yall must have a different Home Depot there. Around here if you go to Home Depot and ask about Pex tools or Pex fittings they look at you like you are crazy. They after explaining what it is they tell you they don't carry that stuff you have to go to an RV store.

2010augusta

The house I used to own was built in 2001 and the fresh water system was PEX from the water meter to the faucets. Home depot was hit and miss with the quick connectors but had the brass fittings and crimp rings, Lowes had a good selection of both.

SmokeyBare

Local Building Code is what counts when Plumbers decide what type is selected for a house. If the Local code requires copper plumbing... that's often the type sold in the building centers and plumbing stores.

State Standards can not be reduced... but Local code can exceed the State Standards.

Marv

Delaine and Lindy

Pex tool....

I have a pex tool but no longer have pex fittings. I bought mine at Lowes, most all Lowes carry them. Very expensive. Don't know about the Big Horns but the Landmark did use them and looks as they still do. Our stick house was built in 2007 and it has all PVC and or copper tubing. GBY....

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jim...that is strange! Down here in the Valley we had no problem finding PEX...that's what we used to plumb our coach house. Both Lowes and Home Depot carried everything we needed...:confused:

dennis2188

Tiger fittings

I thought someone on this forum recommended tiger fittings instead of using pex fittings. Seems like these tiger fittings would be nicer to use since you wouldn't have to buy special tools and clamps.

lwmcguir

There are several brands of easy to connect fittings on the market that will work with PEX tubing. They are all expensive if you are going to install a lot of them. Not bad if you buy just a handful. To redo the entire camper you are talking several hundred dollars as opposed to buying the tool and the rings.

dennis2188

Hopefully I won't have to replace any fittings in our new trailer or any other problems. You could answer another question though and I don't mean to sound stupid but what does BTW stand for?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have checked with the Home Depot, Lowes, and Ace Hardware in Huntsville Tx, Conroe, Texas, Spring, Texas and none of them carry Pex stuff or Pex tools. They tell me they don't know what I am talking about. Guess I will just have to order online if I want one.