New Landmark Plans?

Chippendale

Since the Ashland and Key West models have been discontinued, has anyone heard what will replace them? The Big Country 4010RD and the Big Horn 3970RD seem to be fairly popular, I am wondering if Landmark will introduce a similar plan. Has anyone heard any rumors?

jbeletti

George - I've moved your thread to the Landmark Prospective Owners sub-forum as Andy Wesdorp, Landmark GM monitors this section. He's on vacation now but I'd expect he'll respond in a week or so.

rvmckee

We are also looking to buy a Landmark 365 sometime this year or early next year. We had the Ashland all picked out, but now that it's gone, we would also be interested to know what different floor plans are in the making. We live fulltime in our rv and loved the 2 pantries and the space in the Ashland. Would appreciate any info you could give us.

Fred & Danette

AWesdorp

Hi everyone--Andy here--60 and sunny here in Elkhart today. Beautiful. I'm sure our good friends the mosquitoes will be showing up soon!

New floor plans....yes, we have some in the works...probably not the 4010RD BC or 3970RD Bighorn. The Charleston is still retailing very well and is really pretty similar as far as being a rear den.

I'm up for suggestions, however, and we won't rule anything out.

Thanks everyone and I think you're going to see some additional polls open soon from Jim B. Vote early, vote often!

Andy

mikeandconnie

My DW and I have found a SOB model we love. If it was a Heartland we would have made a purchase already. I would like to forward or post the model.

farside291

I still like the idea of combining the Charleston and Newport floor plans with the option of an office/walk in pantry or half bath downstairs. I would trade the BC for that one really quick! I always liked the back half of the Charleston.

travlingman

I would like to see a rear entertainment with the bedroom of the Orlando. Use a L-shaped couch with a 65" TV on the rear wall. The washer/dryer in side slide makes for so much more space. Also with the side aisle away from the door you aren't constantly tracking dirt up the steps.

Give us the option of a king bed slide in slide. Use something besides the junky Schwintek to move the slide. We almost bought a SOB because of the slide in slide and how spacious it makes the bedroom.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We LOVE our Newport with the office instead of 1/2 bath. Personally I would not consider looking at another trailer if it didn't have a separate office space.

Chippendale

Hi everyone--Andy here--60 and sunny here in Elkhart today. Beautiful. I'm sure our good friends the mosquitoes will be showing up soon!

New floor plans....yes, we have some in the works...probably not the 4010RD BC or 3970RD Bighorn. The Charleston is still retailing very well and is really pretty similar as far as being a rear den.

I'm up for suggestions, however, and we won't rule anything out.

Thanks everyone and I think you're going to see some additional polls open soon from Jim B. Vote early, vote often!

Andy

Andy, while the Charleston may be a rear den model, it doesn’t have one of the main features that the Big Country and Bighorn “RD” models have. That is the option for those who want to, to remove one of the couches and replace it with a true office desk and possibly a printer stand, similar to these.
http://www.sauder.com/Products/412920_Desk.aspx Note the desk has a file drawer as well as a drawer over the knee hole. This night stand could possibly be used as a printer stand: http://www.sauder.com/Products/415050_Night_Stand.aspx The “RD” models seem to be popular with the dealers and I personally know two couples who have purchased them and have both removed a couch and replaced it with desks. This would give Landmark customers who work on the road or just prefer to have a desk another option beside the Arlington. The BC and the BH both have electric power on both ends of the slide which would be necessary for this to work. Also would want storage cabinets across the top of the slides. Something to think about and consider.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
We recently toured a new 5th wheel manufactured by Tiffin. The name is Vanleigh Velono I believe. Although this was only 32.5, it had a much larger feel. Particularly, the bedroom seemed spacious. the bed slide extended maybe 10-12 inches further than our Savannah; track slide mechanism and this provided actual walking and dressing space at the foot of the bed. Two people could pass each other without a fight. Don't know the pricing on this coach but appearance is very nice.

donr827

That is what you call thinking outside the box. Would like to see them build quite a few to see if there are many design flaws.
Don

mikeandconnie

The rig we really loved and whished it was a Landmark had Lazy Boy furniture with a real mattress fold out bed, Maytag appliances, andupgraded TVs with top of the line sound systems like here https://terrytownrv.com/new-rvs-in-grand-rapids-mi/2016-riverstone-38fb-for-sale-000067/.
We are not a fan of corner showers so many Landmarks models are out for us. The above rig has a 60 inch shower but a would prefer the 48 withthe double sink or a large counter top like this plan https://nationalrvdetroit.com/forest-river-rv/cedar-creek-champagne/2016-cedar-creek-champagne-38el/
I vote for bringing back the Key Largo with the above additions.

- - - Updated - - -

Miltp920

This thread looks inactive since april, but how about a charlesport. Charleston rear den, newport front bath?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk