New LM 365 Syracuse floorplan

connectrv

Hello, I am new to the Heartland forum (very first post) and I am interested in the new LM 365 Syracuse floorplan.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me when this model will start on the production line? We would like to order our unit in time to arrive to us around June or early July 2015 latest. If that can't happen then I will have to go to plan "B" as we sold our home and need our condo on wheels by no later than July.

I have been lurking in the background for a while and you folks really know what you are talking about. The heartland product seems to be a good fit for us and the LM 365 Syracuse floorplan would fit our wish list very closely.

Any information would be great.
Thanks!
connectrv

jimtoo

Hi connectrv,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032 and ask for the Landmark 365 team. They could probably give you the best answer.

Enjoy the forum and your new Syracuse when you get it. Please keep us updated.

Jim M

T

TomMontague

I'm about two weeks away from having the complete print pack done. Once done we have to send to our frame company to get buyoff on our design. That usually takes a few days. Once that's done we can then insert into the schedule. I hope to have our first proto off in April. Once we walk the unit - make any changes that are needed it can then be scheduled. We schedule 4 weeks in advance plus our orders / retail sold units.

Long answer but you should be able to make your July timeframe with time to spare.

Thanks,
Tom

GoonF250

Hi Tom. We talked at the Tampa rv show where you showed us the Syracuse floorplan. On the Heartland web site it shows the GVWR is listed at 18,000 lbs. I hope that is a misprint, or bad guess:confused:. I was hoping for something under 16,000. Can you shed an info on weights, GVWR, and pin. Thanks in advance.

T

TomMontague

Thanks for the note. Yes the GVWR IS 18,000 - since we haven't built it yet we have no idea what the actual dry weight will be. We do anticipate it being our least heavy unit. Regardless of weight however the GVWR will remain the same at 18,000. You ultimately determine what the weight is by the amount of gear you pack. I hope this coach is 14,500 dry but that's just a guess.

Hope this helps.

Tom

DonnaR

Hi, I just joined the group because I'm excited about the LM 365 Syracuse also. We're in the process of deciding what kind of FW we'd like to get when the time comes. I love the LM's but they were all just to big for what we want. So was very excited when the Syracuse popped up when I was poking around the Heartland sight! Would love to see something just a "wee" bit bigger also! Thanks for all the info.

jimtoo

Hi, I just joined the group because I'm excited about the LM 365 Syracuse also. We're in the process of deciding what kind of FW we'd like to get when the time comes. I love the LM's but they were all just to big for what we want. So was very excited when the Syracuse popped up when I was poking around the Heartland sight! Would love to see something just a "wee" bit bigger also! Thanks for all the info.

Hi DonnaR,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Donna, the Key West is almost the same floor plan and is 41'. Check it out here.

Hope you find what your looking for and join our family soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

T

TomMontague

GoonF250 - you asked for the bedroom curb side slide on the Syracuse. Not a bad idea however the exterior awning gets TINY when you do that - especially on a floor plan that's already pretty small to begin with.

Thanks for the suggestion however.

Tom

DonnaR

Thank you so much Jim! We are looking for a smaller rig. We have a wonderful heated building to keep it in when need be and it's not long enough to fit something of that length. My Dad's camper is in there and it's 38 ft. with maybe 5 or 6 ft to spare. He full times and winters that he has to stay up here he parks it in there and rides out the winter camping in it lol. Thanks so much for the help.

Donna

GoonF250

I noticed the Mobile suites has the the extra bedroom slide and the awning extends out over the slide. I think the slide is a " vanity slide" Not sure if that could be done with the roof line of the Syracuse. Just trying to help design the perfect RV .....lol. Thanks again Tom

T

TomMontague

We are almost done with the complete set of drawings. LM365 now has a dedicated engineer that is doing a GREAT job of designing the new floor plan and working on really tightening up our drawings and specs in general. We should be able to insert the new Syracuse pilot floor plan within the next 4-5 weeks. Very excited

ksucats

Tom: Any update on the status for the Syracuse. Wife and I really interested in the Key West but it is a bit large, 36 footer would better meet our needs right now. Hoping to complete purchase of whichever early fall (preferably before college football season :) ).

Txs

Ron

RRT

Tom, it would be great to have the Syracuse on display for the Goshen rally. I'm sure others would be excited.
Thanks,
Randy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Tom: Any update on the status for the Syracuse. Wife and I really interested in the Key West but it is a bit large, 36 footer would better meet our needs right now. Hoping to complete purchase of whichever early fall (preferably before college football season :) ).

Txs

Ron

We really thought we were interested in the Syracuse as well, so we went and looked at the BH3270 floor plan since they are supposed to be about the same. There were things in the floor plan that would be a problem for me such as the stairs to the BR being partially in front of the doorway. The BR felt really tight to us too. We were going to hang on to see the Syracuse anyway since the plans aren't totally done and changes happen. Then we stepped into the Key West! All of a sudden the extra length didn't seem like such a huge problem anymore.

You have to go with what feels like home, and that is the Key West for us. Good luck with your search and your wait, both are hard to do.

Kristy

ksucats

Kristy: Thanks for the update and thoughts. Cindy and I stopped by Lifestyle RV, Grain Valley MO, today and drooled over the Key West again. Then she saw the Charleston and the drool stopped and it was full foaming at the mouth for both of us (excuse the description but we both fell in love with the interior.) That said, as with all things, there are some trade-offs, for me it is moving the WD to the bedroom closet which reduces that by quite a bit. Additionally the bedroom drawer space is quite a bit less as there is a window on one side of the TV so you only have cabinet drawers below the bedroom TV.-- but the living room is spectacular, especially a 60 inch (I'm guessing) LCD TV. On the Key West side, you have much more closet and drawer space but you have that window behind the bed's headboard. ??? Personally I'd rather have the closet / drawer space with the WD in the cabinet center coach -- however I have read a post elsewhere on this forum where someone preferred the WD in the Bedroom closet? Bottom line - we are so undecided right now -- and still waiting to see what the Syracuse will finally look like. Good thing we are not is a rush (well, I'd have purchased today but the other half held me in check LOL ). Best wishes to You and Mark as you search / dream for that ultimate coach as well.