New member, but not new to rv's

We are again looking at purchasing our last fifth wheel to live in. We have not owned anything since 2010, which was a landmark grand canyon. We had endless problems with the refrigerator, 3 replaced within a year time period. Was fed up with heartland, as I had to pay for the last one out of pocket. We sold it and have been without since. We felt that heartland would not be in our selection process, until we saw an Oakmont 392rd last weekend. Things sure have changed. Anyway, I decided to join the group and check out the posts, both good and bad. By the way, we have owned four rv's total, an A, a C, and two 39ft fifth wheels. Thanks for allowing me to join the forum.

Gary

danemayer

Hi Shutterduck,

Sounds like you had a Dometic RM1350 refrigerator. Many of us suffered multiple problems on those units and pounded on Heartland to drop Dometic and move to Norcold. Ironically, now the owners with Norcolds are having multiple problems and we're pounding Heartland to drop Norcold and get a good refrigerator - like a Dometic. :rolleyes:

Every manufacturer is caught up in this when Dometic or Norcold makes mistakes. Dometic Air Conditioners have been having problems for the past 2 years too. It's a nightmare for owners and for the RV maker, the applicance manufacturer probably isn't happy about it either.

All that to say that if you find a rig you like, go for it. But as you've previously learned, you may have various warranty issues.

Thanks for the comment..we will continue to look and research, and might just give the heartland product another try. Won't purchase until spring unless a really good deal pops up this winter.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Doesn't matter which brand you buy, you'll probably has some warranty issues.

At least with Heartland . . . you have us . . . and the Heartland Owner's Club!

We are all friends who help each other out . . . at Rallies and campouts!

I believe that the heartland forums are the best in supporting new and current members. I found this to be true when I had my landmark. It was a 2009 Pinehurst, however I originally said it was a 2010 grand Canyon. My old brain can't remember everything, so I had to dig out the paperwork. I watched some you tube videos last night on various trailers, and like the looks of the big country. It will be next year, but there will definitely be another heartland product in the driveway.

Thanks Gary