PJS010LGC

We became the proud new owners of a 2010 Landmark Grand Canyon last year and have had a good summer to become familiar with some of the different features of this rig than our previous approx. 30 ft rigs. At one point last summer, an RVing neighbor in a Big Country said that this site was an excellent source of information. I have already performed a number of investigations into some of my issues and discovered that they may have had some unique twists but my issues are certainly not uncommon. So time to get some more answers and now I need to ask questions. I will post these on the individual forums.

I am a retired design engineer for an automotive supplier and I am certainly enjoying retirement. Our RVing consists mainly of extended stays at a campground on the Ontario Canada side of the St. Clair river but we do get over to a state park on the Michigan side of the river on a yearly basis and have managed one trip up to the Soo.

Regards, John

danemayer

Hi John,

Congratulations on your new-to-you Landmark and on your retirement, and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

As you've already found, there's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

You can find information by browsing the relevant sub-forum, or by using the search engine. And of course, if you post a question, you'll likely get answers within a very short time.

Heartland owners have developed a number of user guides and troubleshooting guides you may find helpful as well. And we have an extensive collection of manufacturer manuals. You can get to those documents from the links provided, or by clicking on the TOOLS button at top of page.

Check out the Owners Club and join us at a Heartland rally. You'll have a great time and will make lots of new friends. The EVENTS button at top of page will show you upcoming rallies.

Again, welcome.

'Lil Guy'

Cograts on your retirement. I'm about 10 months away. And congrats on your purchase. You've gotta love those Landmarks. They don't come much nicer.
Enjoy your new luxury toy and welcome to the forum.

PJS010LGC

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've already looked at some of the manuals and there certainly is a lot of useful information.

Only problem is that I don't know for sure which one of the choices I need to make when it comes to some of the items. Is there some kind of master bill of material that can tell me what components I have in the RV so that I can order repair parts for the right item.

Regards, John

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you call Heartland Customer Service with your VIN in hand they may be able to tell you what components you have.
But you should be able to tell what you have by looking at the ID tag on the particular item you have concerns about.
For examples your refrigerator, microwave, water heater and furnace all have tags denoting the model numbers.

Peace
Dave

PJS010LGC

Thanks, Dave,

I'm already catching on to some of the items and have already looked at the appropriate user's manuals. Where I have a bit of a problem is some of the smaller items. As an example, I need a base seal kit for the toilet but not sure what toilet I have so that I can order the right kit. Even small items, I hadn't noticed that one of the fluorescent light lens had fallen out on top of a retracted slide. I realized this when I heard the crunch as the slide opened. I'd like to know where to get a replacement lens but don't even know what light I'm looking at to order the lens.

Regards, John

Jim-Lynn

Thanks, Dave,

I'm already catching on to some of the items and have already looked at the appropriate user's manuals. Where I have a bit of a problem is some of the smaller items. As an example, I need a base seal kit for the toilet but not sure what toilet I have so that I can order the right kit. Even small items, I hadn't noticed that one of the fluorescent light lens had fallen out on top of a retracted slide. I realized this when I heard the crunch as the slide opened. I'd like to know where to get a replacement lens but don't even know what light I'm looking at to order the lens.

Regards, John

John, congrats & you should book the Ontario rally at McGregor 1st weekend of June. Hope you got snow tires for your new rig, we should need them this year. Happy trails and good luck.

Jim

PJS010LGC

Jim and Lynn,

Hopefully we won't need snows when the RV'ing begins in May. First weekend in June, we are already booked at Cathcart Park on St.Clair River.

Regards, John