New Members

My wife and I are picking up our North Trail tomorrow. We have been boaters for a LONG time, but wanted do something different. We are looking forward to chatting with others with similar interests.

jimtoo

Hi CharlesCoff,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share when needed.

When you go for PDI, do a slow very good inspection. Make sure you can operate everything and everything operates. This is from unlocking the door to draining the tanks. Make them have water hooked up, TV on.. you know,,, check it all.

Enjoy the forum and your new NorthTrail.

Jim M

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome. Enjoy your new North Trail. We did. They gave us 7 years of great memories.

Saildogs

Welcome! We really like our North Trail. You may want to videotape the PDI as you won't remember everything that is said.

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum. I'm a new NT owner myself and have worn this site out.lol Out of curiosity, which model did you buy? There are some very knowledgeable people here so feel free to use them.

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome. We bought a new 2014 32'RTLS. Love the floor plan of this model and it fits our needs well.

Sans1

PDI checklist

I've seen one Posted but on my phone just now. I missed two things on mine. Be sure to open and latch all cabinets. One of my upper bins over the bed is warped slightly and since the latch is on the bottom, gravity keeps it closed. It won't seat all the way and actually latch. Another one I found after getting home was apparently at some point prior to delivery. Someone tried to open the forward slide with a lower cabinet door open. Bottom hinge had screws in it but they were inky decoration. When I opened it, they fell out and door was only held by top hinge. And then I noticed the trim on slide which has was carpet was slightly pushed out. Both minor but dealer is 80 miles away so fixed myself. Enjoy.