New Ower of Bighorn 3055rl Cabling question

Hello everyone. I just purchased a very nice 2008 bighorn camper and I must say I love it. I do have a question about the tv antenna and hooking up my tv's. I see a hook-ups for Cable & one for Satellite. in both the bedroom and the living area. Then outside I see the same where you can hook up the outside services. But I don't see anything for just Antenna. I've tried both and the only one that gets me anything is the cable jack but I only get two channels and there are alot more. so any help wold be great.

Thanks
Blane

danemayer

Hi Blane,

Congratulations on your new-to-you Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The coax from the antenna is combined with the incoming cable TV coax at the signal booster, which is probably located in the bedroom. When watching cable, the signal booster must be OFF, and when watching TV the signal booster must be ON. There's typically a small push/push switch and an indicator light on the signal booster.

You'll need to rotate the crank for the TV antenna to extend it from travel position (don't forget to put it down when leaving). By pulling down on the rotational dial, you can rotate the antenna to face the TV towers. If you're not sure of the direction, see what other campers are doing.

With the antenna up, the signal booster on, and the TV coax input connected to the cable/antenna coax on the wall, you should be almost good to go. You do also usually have to go into the TV menu and set the TV to ANTENNA vs CABLE, and you'll need to do a channel scan so the TV tuner finds the available signals.

If you don't get good reception, try varying the position of the antenna and scan channels again.

If you continue to get poor reception, you may have a coax connection problem. Check for loose connectors on the roof, at the signal booster (inside as well as outside), and at the living room wall. There's also a barrel connector tucked in above the antenna rotational control.

Thanks Don, Now I know the cable is hooked up right now to check the tv and see what happens, if not up to the roof and check there.

Thanks Again

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
we have the same trailer and I could not get any cable channels . Kenny checked the power booster and he turned it off for the cable to work got all kinds of channels after that. If you are hooked up to cable tuned off the power booster.