New owner 2011 29.5 RL

Rayz

Hi everyone, a new owner 11 Bighorn 29.5 RL, a little frosty up here to use it so just waiting for spring. But so far we are truly amazed with the unit(for the little we pulled it dealer to home and then to storeage). I am still puzzled with the recliners, it seems to me to be a little awkward moving the chair to travel, but oh well, it will be worth it after the first long trip.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Rayz, welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here.
Hope you have many enjoyable trips with your new Bighorn.
Congrats.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

HI Rayz,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Yes,, you will have to move the recliners when you travel. There is only one or two units made I think that have the recliners in the side and couch in the rear. If they would just make them 8" longer behind the slides it would work. But we all do what's necessary to travel and have fun.

Enjoy the forum and your new Bighorn.

Jim M

loafer

Hey Rayz
welcome to the Heartland family. If you have any questions fire away someone here will know the answer.Enjoy camping with your new rig . If you are ever
over this side of the rockies look us up.

Bill

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
If the chairs have a round tubular base on them, you might want to invest in what some call a saucer for them. They make move the chairs at least a lot easier. We got them from Flair and can give you the contact info if they will work on your chairs.

hillsonwheels

Point of curiosity about the saucers/frisbees.........what kind of movement do you see from the chairs from their placement at time of departure when changing location? Do you tie down them down?

Dick

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We still strap them down so I really can't answer your question. But they still do need a little effort to move.

Westwind

It's the movement of the rocker mode that makes it hard to move them prior to bringing in the slides and then after opening the slides. I'm not a fan of the rocker portion but today I saw my wife using it. But it sure does make it hard to move them. The saucer's might help but the chair will do the rocking thing since you can't stop or lock them from doing it.