New owner 2017 NT 24BHS

redevil

Hi everyone,

Put together a deal for a new 2017 North Trail 24BHS a few weeks ago. Going to be picking it up at the end of the month. I'm coming from a 2015 Viking Epic 2108ST tent trailer towed with a 2015 Honda Odyssey. Upgraded my tow vehicle to a 2015 Ram 1500 Sport with all the bells and whistles besides air ride suspension.

Looking forward to this camping season, with lots of dates booked all
around Central Alberta close to home in Calgary, as well into BC.

Undecided on the extended warranty for 72 month, but have till the 28th to cancel. Seems to be 50/50 from reading from other rv owners experiences whether to get it or not.

Looking forward to reading the forum posts.

Thanks,
Ariane

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi redevil,

Congratulations on the new North Trail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll get some feedback on extended warranties shortly.

Be sure to take a look at our owner-written user guides that complement the owners manual. You can get there by going to the TOOLS tab at top of page and selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides, or from this link.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats on the NorthTrail!

You can opt not to get extended warranty from dealer and shop around. First year is covered by manufacturer, then before the 1 year is up you can add on an independent extended warranty. Many to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redevil

Today is pickup day for my trailer! Super excited to go and tow it home later this afternoon.

I'll post pictures soon.

redevil

Well took it out for the maiden voyage this May long weekend and it was great! Family had lots of fun and enjoyed the setup and take down of the site compared to my old tent trailer. Went to Kinbrook Island Provincial Park Campground and it was a powered site, might be the only powered site for this season we go to, but that is ok.

Only issue I noticed was excess dicore sealant that got stuck on the slide out seals that I have to remove. Everything seemed to work as it should.

Can't wait for the next camping trip, which would be Father's Day weekend with kid's and Dad's only camping! :cool:

redevil

Well Father's Day camping weekend was a blast as usual, weather turned out great.

Next camping trip coming up on Monday for 6 days to Radium, BC at the Redstreak Campground. Looking forward to an extended camping trip first time this long for the trailer. Should be nice and hot! :D

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on your North Trail!! I am sure by this time you have had numerous fun camping trips. Safe travels and enjoy!!:cool:

Terri