New Owner of a Big Horn

Quilter

Full Memeber
Hi. Just want to get started in this forum so I thought I would introduce myself and my husband. We have been RVing since 2007 and like to volunteer and/or workamp for our campsites. We have workamped in private campgrounds and volunteered with the Fish and Wildlife Service. The last 3 years we have worked at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge. We are planning on going full time as soon as our house sells. I am looking forward to getting some practical information about our camper through this forum plus hopefully meet some other owners. My husband and I are in our active 60's. I like to quilt, crochet, sew and knit. He makes costume jewelry and loves digging for quartz and gem stones with our younger son. Looking forward to hearing from other owners.

Quilter

jimtoo

Hi Quilter,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy meeting lots of great folks at the Heartland rallies, so jump in when you can and have some fun. You will meet lots of great ladies that also quilt, crochet, sew and knit here on the forum and at the rallies.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

happykraut

Hi, my name is Bernie and welcome to the Heartland family. It would be nice to know your name and like Gary says the model of your BH. Yes, we really are like a big family. We all help each other out with any kind of a problem you'll encounter. You might want to start by coming to one of our rallies. You will meet lots of nice folks there. Check this out //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...6-2013-to-9-8-2013/page40?p=268922#post268922

kowAlski631

Welcome! We're full time since May 1st. Loving it. This is a great place to get many points of view & answers.

Quilter

Full Memeber
Thanks for all your replies. I am Betsy and I'm married to Rick. We own a 2014 Model 3610 Big Horn. Presently we are based in Pigeon Forge working at Dollywood. We're hoping to get over to Crossville TN in September to attend one of the days of the rally there. Looking forward to meeting other owners.

Quilter

olcoon

Quilter,
Hope you aren't too disappointed, but there are a few (a lot) of quilters in this family. Hopefully we'll run across you guys at a rally, so maybe you & DW can hit some quilt shops...and give me a break!!! :)

JJnVA

Welcome to the heartland family from jack and Judi in Virginia. We LOVE out 2011 Big Horn 3610RE, Heartland rallies, and find the forum informative and a terrific resource. We have traveled all around the USA and Nova Scotia the last 3years and found the 3610 met every comfort and need. The 3610 has a great layout for a quilter. I am sure you have found the Peninsula countertop perfect for using your sewing machine. With your sewing skills, You must get involved in the "Babies Wrapped in Love" "Heartland Gives Back" charitable initiative at the national rally in June. Be sure to join in the awesome rallies held regularly in this region. Look forward to meeting you "down the road"!

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Thanks for all your replies. I am Betsy and I'm married to Rick. We own a 2014 Model 3610 Big Horn. Presently we are based in Pigeon Forge working at Dollywood. We're hoping to get over to Crossville TN in September to attend one of the days of the rally there. Looking forward to meeting other owners.

Quilter

Welcome to the forum. I know you will enjoy your Bighorn. We had a '09 Bighorn 3600RE until about four months ago and really liked it but decided to upgrade to the Landmark. Heartland has great floorplans in all their coaches. My wife and I go to the Pigeon Forge area three to five times a year and are season pass holders to Dollywood. We have already been there twice this summer and have a week in October lined up and a couple of weeks at Christmas. Maybe we will get to meet y'all sometime. We usually camp at River Plantation RV Resort in Sevierville.

TXTiger

Quilter,
Hope you aren't too disappointed, but there are a few (a lot) of quilters in this family. Hopefully we'll run across you guys at a rally, so maybe you & DW can hit some quilt shops...and give me a break!!! :)

Roy if you ever do get a break I'll take you fishing.