New owner, take delivery early April

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm sooner to become a new Heartland owner. I've just begun the purchase process on a new 2012 Road Warrior 30C Toyhauler that should arrive at my dealer within a couple of weeks.

Can't wait!!

Looking forward to my first trip in it. My folks had an old Winnebago when we were growing up, and many memories were made. Looking forward to starting those memories with my own family very soon!

Cuthr

Cuthr
Hello There!
Congratulations on your new toyhauler. We also will be taking possession of our new 2012 Road Warrior 30C on March 30th. This will be our first RV and really excited about it. We tent camped with our kids in the past but are getting to old. Ready for a more comfort style of camping. Our first trip will be to Gatlinsburg, TN where we usually rent a cabin but will be taking our own cabin this year. Also have plans to travel to Colorado, Alaska and of course taking grandchildren to Disney World.

jimtoo

Hello jdkinzenbaw and Cuthr,

WOW,,,,Two new ones to welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you both will enjoy your new toys and if you have questions, just ask and someone will be able to help you with an answer.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Wow - 2 new Road Warrior owners. Congratulations to both of ya on your new "condo on wheels". Enjoy and travel safely.

Cuthr - let us know when ya'll are coming to Gatlinburg and if we can, Nathan & I will try to run over to meet ya'll, or better yet, come camp with ya'll.. We are the TN Chapter Leaders and love meeting HL owners. :):)

Thanks!! We're very excited to be new Heartland owners. The dealer says ours should arrive sometime the first week of April, and hopefully we'll have opportunity to take our first weekend out in it before the month's end.

I'm hoping we'll have plenty of chances to use it this year. There are a lot of campgrounds within an hour or two drive of home that are scenic "getaway" spots, and now that we have this nice option, we'll be getting to know our local campgrounds better!

On that note... can anyone steer me to a good, reliable website that gives campground recommendations? We plan to spend many weekends out with other couples, sharing our space for the weekend. For the sake of the ladies we may travel with in our group, it would be nice to know ahead of time which campgrounds have full 50-amp service and hookups, and which are going to be more primitive.

Once we get a chance to have a few weekends close to home to get used to the rig, we're hoping to do a trip to Colorado sometime this summer, but we don't really want that to be our maiden voyage, either.

I just introduced my fiancee to the humorous side of things tonight.... we watched the movie "RV" together, and she's not been around camping and RV-ing much, so it's all new to her! LOL.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jon, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. The main method I use for finding campgrounds is our mapping software. I use Microsoft Streets & Trips. DeLorma is also a good one. You pick an area you want to visit and search. It will give you many options for CG's in the area. I then go to www.rvparkreviews.com to see if my choice has any reviews. Both the mapping software and RV Park Reviews allow you to "look" at a satellite view of the campground and links to their website for more information.
We'll be passing by your area next week and are stopping in Kellogg for a night ( I hear they have a good burger at that restaurant) on our way to WI.

Cimriver

Congratulations on the new rig! I am sure you will enjoy it for years to come. When you are ready to make that trip to Colorado, give me a shout. Perhaps we can make suggestions on where to take that new rig.

Thanks! Actually, we're hoping to come in early August, and do some ATV-riding near the Crested Butte area. We're hoping to find a good, modern campground within 5 or 10 miles of Crested Butte, since we want to go up to the Crystal Mill, ride Devil's Punchbowl, etc. We're experienced riders, so looking forward to the challenge of Devil's Punchbowl. We'll be careful!

Jon, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. The main method I use for finding campgrounds is our mapping software. I use Microsoft Streets & Trips. DeLorma is also a good one. You pick an area you want to visit and search. It will give you many options for CG's in the area. I then go to www.rvparkreviews.com to see if my choice has any reviews. Both the mapping software and RV Park Reviews allow you to "look" at a satellite view of the campground and links to their website for more information.
We'll be passing by your area next week and are stopping in Kellogg for a night ( I hear they have a good burger at that restaurant) on our way to WI.

Yes, the burgers are indeed great there. The owners are really nice. It's not a big building, but the owners are very nice. The exit is about as ideal as it gets to pull in with a big fifth wheel. Lots of place to park, and when you get back on the interstate, it's a flat grade for a long time when you're accelerating back up the onramp. One of my favorite spots to stop for fuel on I-80, just because of its accessibility.