New owners, '13 Landmark

Cyberdave

Hello all,

Just picked up a 2013 Landmark, beautiful!!! This is one comfortable home. We are Escapees and full timers since 03-10.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at a rally soon.

Dave and Tish

Bagle and Snoopy our Beagle kids.

jbeletti

Dave and Trish - congratulations!!

What floorplan did you get in Landmark?

Time to bring it to a rally and show it to us and let us meet you guys. Kindly consider joining the Heartland Owners Club (full member or introductory member) - LINK.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Congrats! Picked up our Key Largo yesterday...we too are fulltimers which made it a marathon of a move!! Thought we'd never get done.

So far very minor issues, and the dealer did a great PDI...hope yours went as smoothly...good luck!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats on your new purchase. I am sure you will be happy with it no matter what floorplan. The Landmark is a great brand. And I am sure it will take you far on your adventures.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". Landmarks are great coaches for full-timing. Jim gave you a link to Heartland rallies so hopefully you can bring your new baby to show off. Us Heartlanders love see new coaches.

Enjoy and travel safely.

Cyberdave

Sorry, should have added the model. It's a Key Largo with the new chocolate paint scheme with dark cherry interior.
Ken, man do we know what you mean!! We were both totally exhausted after the move. Then, you get to arrange everything!!
Only have a couple issues to get fixed before heading to Livingston, TX. The bedroom door won't latch, the closet doors need to be raised a tick, the front door needs adjusting and lube.. squeaking and the most important thing is the shower is leaking which seems to be fairly common. We absolutely love this rig!!

Joined the owners club today and look forward to meeting other owners.

Dave

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We too are really happy with our Key Largo....loved the Bighorn, but this has it beat, hands down!! Finally finished stowing everything and sitting here enjoying it for a little bit...tomorrow we will re-organize the cargo bay...

jjriker

Welcome to the Owner's Club - you will have a great time at the rallies!

We have a 2011 Landmark Rushmore, and love it! We are new fulltimers as of December 8th. :)

Love how much storage space there is. A lot of our overhead cupboards are half empty. Overall, we have had a great experience with our rig, we have had the same issue with our bedroom door latching though.

danemayer

The bedroom door latching problem can be solved with a quick trip to Home Depot for a striker plate with an larger opening. Costs about $4 and installs in 2 or 3 minutes. When you get to the store, you'll find the openings come in standard and large size. Here's what they look like.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Agree with Dan. Our door was the same way. The door framing shifts just a tad and the striker plate is too small to accomodate that shift. Larger plate will fix that quicjly.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our door was the same way. The dealer should have fixed it before delivery. The dealer just removed the door and raised ours just a small amount.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

danemayer

Our door was the same way. The dealer should have fixed it before delivery. The dealer just removed the door and raised ours just a small amount.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

In our case, sometimes it would latch, sometimes not. Didn't matter how it was adjusted. Depending on how the trailer was sitting, the door frame shifted one way or the other enough to be a problem at the striker plate. Now it latches all the time.

This is one of those areas where I'd like to see Heartland use the striker plate with larger opening. But I suspect they buy the door and frame as an assembly, so the source vendor would have to make the change.

Raquel

Congratulations, Dave! I know you were looking forward to getting your new coach. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we are enjoying ours!

hriker

Dan:

Thanks for the tip on the over sized strike plate. Bought one today and it worked like a charm with no additional adjustment needed.

Cyberdave

Well, the door latching issue is resolved sort of. The whole mirror section fell off the back of the door!!! None too happy with it. The glue job was non existent and the staples are at too much of an angle. To add to the situation, I noticed the side of the front AC cover is broken. Didn't notice it during PDI nor did the dealer. Sent an email to CS and will see what happens on Wednesday.

When they were fixing the shower, they found out there was very little caulking between the bottom rail and shower lip.

I expect to do minor tweaks and fixing but a broken AC shroud and a door literally fell apart? Hopefully, this is the short list...

Cyberdave

Update to the shower leak, bedroom door and ac shroud.

The shower still leaked but, after a little investigation, I found there was no caulking at the point where the front vertical rail meets the horizontal rail. Probably a 1/2 gap and no caulking. After a shower, a simple push on the horizontal rail would produce quite a bit of water. A considerable amount of clear RTV sealed it up.

The door is another issue. I need to reset the mirror frame and square it up before using some gorilla glue so it will not come out again.

The AC shroud is a different story. The service manager all but accused us of breaking the shroud ourselves in the ten mile drive to the RV park. He kept saying that they inspect a unit on receipt top to bottom, end to end with a thorough checklist. I don't believe in loosing my cool will do anything so I asked him that if it were true, how did they miss the entry door being difficult to open or latch, the bedroom door not latching, the closet doors not sliding easily at all, the fender skirt braces not being attached, etc. Naturally, he glossed over it but said he would check their "EWO" checklist... A few days later, he calls back and literally mumbles an apology and said it was noted on the "EWO" after all and they failed to have it fixed.. Now, they faxed the inspection to my local dealer who will do the warranty work.

The only other issue that has cropped up is the LP side of the water heater is DOA. DSI did spark for a while but she's dead Jim.. It'll be handled when AC shroud is replaced.

We sit and enjoy the beauty and comfort of this rig. It is a joy to relax in and just look around or listen to a bit of music. I was surprised that there is a sub woofer located behind the fireplace now since I'd read several posts complaining of no sub.

HOOKERUP

Wife and I are new Key Largo owners.Will Be great when weather breaks so that we can really enjoy it.Will be at the Gettysberg rally in May.