New Pseudo rear cap for Big Country

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just do what we do driving semis........ use the 3 blink rule. 3 blinks and I'm coming over! LOL Course we really don't do that, but.......LOL

Lol! I wish you could do that in The Dallas metroplex, but they just fill in any space and zip around you like you're standing still, no matter what. The camera helps you see the "crazies" before they whip by!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Just do what we do driving semis........ use the 3 blink rule. 3 blinks and I'm coming over! LOL Course we really don't do that, but.......LOL

You can do what my dad said he did with his 34' Silver Streak bumper pull. Wiggle the wheel to sway the trailer, everyone gets away from you and you can change lanes. Chris

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You can do what my dad said he did with his 34' Silver Streak bumper pull. Wiggle the wheel to sway the trailer, everyone gets away from you and you can change lanes. Chris

Hahahaha! I can see that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

just do what I do. start moving over. they eventually get the message. i only do this if i cant get over with my blinker.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I've done the blinker and if they don't move, then I wiggle. Surprising how scared they get when the coach does a little sway. We have a back up camera on the camper but it's not wired to be on when traveling forward. I'm going to take it back to the auto store to have him re-wire it so that we have rear vision as going down the road.

NYSUPstater

So as for the new rear cap, color me stupid, but what are the advantages/disadvantages of molded/flat rear caps and BC new rear cap. Didn't see or find any info on it. Our current coach has a flat rear end which doesn't bother me.

danemayer

So as for the new rear cap, color me stupid, but what are the advantages/disadvantages of molded/flat rear caps and BC new rear cap. Didn't see or find any info on it. Our current coach has a flat rear end which doesn't bother me.
Many people prefer the appearance of the molded cap over the flat rear. The new pseudo cap on the BC is a compromise. Probably costs quite a bit less while dressing up the appearance.

Some people think the molded cap provides better protection against water leaks. But with any type, caulking is required.

To me this discussion is a bit ironic. Over the past few years there there were frequent complaints along the lines that there needs to be more differentiation between Big Country and Bighorn. Now that Heartland has introduced some clear differentiation, there are complaints that they don't have the same features. :rolleyes: If the rear cap is that important, you can get a Bighorn. If price is more important, you can get a Big Country.

NYSUPstater

Thanks dane. We are very much considering the BC 3560 SS. DW said we could as long as we don't kill ourselves w/ the bank. Will chat w/ them next week. If all is well, will put current coach on CL and perhaps RV for sale site and order the BC in mid-late Feb and request a late April delivery so it won't be hauled on the roads w/ salt.

danemayer

Thanks dane. We are very much considering the BC 3560 SS. DW said we could as long as we don't kill ourselves w/ the bank. Will chat w/ them next week. If all is well, will put current coach on CL and perhaps RV for sale site and order the BC in mid-late Feb and request a late April delivery so it won't be hauled on the roads w/ salt.

Good plan to avoid road salt.

8amps

Some people think the molded cap provides better protection against water leaks. But with any type, caulking is required.

So, DOES it provide better protection from leaks (assuming both are caulked properly)?

If it's merely looks, then it comes down to cost. And everyone chooses based on their financial situation and taste. So that could go either way. However, if it comes down to safety, (like upgrading our tires) health or longevity of our coach, you're really paying for it one way or the other (now or later). And I'm still not clear on which it is.

danemayer

So, DOES it provide better protection from leaks (assuming both are caulked properly)?
I don't know of any data one way or the other, but I would note that there are many, many 5th wheels on the road that don't have molded rear caps; including some very popular SOBs.