New Pseudo rear cap for Big Country

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Saw this on Facebook today:

1979f7c5454ffd9f6d694c7c9ca3b292.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Also saw this and like this cap better than the flat cap we had on our 2008 Big Country. Still like the molded cap on the 2012 BC but understand that going back to a flat cap helps keeping the cost down and making it more affordable.

danemayer

I saw the new rear design in Elkhart in October. Here are pictures of the 3 types of rear builds. Bighorn with the full molded cap. Big Country with a frame over the rear wall, and Gateway with the flat rear wall. As you walk around the Big Country, the 3 dimensional frame looks pretty good - almost passes as a molded rear cap.

DSC04514.jpg

DSC04517.jpg

TravelTiger

I think maybe. But I don't like it being black and the wall ivory. I do like the "all same color" rear cap on the bighorn.

Bones

I like all these rear ends. How tall is that Big Horn? By the angle she looks tall in the rear.

danemayer

I'm not sure the pictures do it justice. When I first saw it, I thought they had brought back a molded cap - just a little different looking. It took a minute to figure out what it was. IMO, not a bad tradeoff between cost and appearance.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
When you look at the BC & BH rear caps, the BH looks plain-jane even tho it's a molded cap compared to the BC. ummmm????

TravelTiger

When you look at the BC & BH rear caps, the BH looks plain-jane even tho it's a molded cap compared to the BC. ummmm????

To me, I never liked the dark brown cap on a white or ivory sidewall. It looked like a mismatch -- like a part from another trailer stuck on.

I like the cohesiveness of the color, much like bumpers on a car painted the same color as the body.

It could use some accents (graphics?) though.

TravelTiger

I believe so, Mike. I seem to recall "rear camera prep" on the Big Country 2017 MSRP. I would assume BH would have it too.

We tried ours out this weekend while driving 3 hours-- it's great! Gives the driver a lot more confidence when merging and changing lanes.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
It looks like both the BC and BH are prewired for a rear camera. Is that correct?

Yep. Our '17 BH has a factory mount. I assume there is a wiring harness in place.
One is not on my wish list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pegmikef

I believe so, Mike. I seem to recall "rear camera prep" on the Big Country 2017 MSRP. I would assume BH would have it too.

We tried ours out this weekend while driving 3 hours-- it's great! Gives the driver a lot more confidence when merging and changing lanes.

Yeah I was pretty sure it came on the BH because Frank Baker and Dave Seabolt have them. I installed the Furion on mine a few months ago, but had to do the whole thing. I took the simple way out and connected it to the running light. I keep on meaning to get up and change the adjustment. I used cones in my yard initially, but it too much emphasis on backing and I want to see more of the road while driving.

NYSUPstater

Just do what we do driving semis........ use the 3 blink rule. 3 blinks and I'm coming over! LOL Course we really don't do that, but.......LOL